Neumann University formerly Neumann College
- 0Mar 5, '10 by Ceema09Hello All,
I wanted to know if anyone has attended Neumann's nursing program. If so, could you please tell me what to expect? I'm just anxious and nervous about finally starting their evening program in May. What I'm looking for exactly is study tips, test taking strategies, and anything else you might want to add. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
- 14,565 Visits
- 0Mar 16, '10 by Pixie28The best tip i can give you is not to go there! The nursing program is horrible, the teachers dont help you, and you pretty much need to teach yourself everything that you need to know. I went there a few years ago and was knocked out my Senior year. I dont know if you already know the policy but if you get lower than a 77 more than once (in any of your nursing classes) then you will be knocked out of the program. They dont ever make any exceptions to try and help you out. You will not be allowed to retake the course and can not continue in the program. I guess the best way to sum it all up is that school is a scam. My sophmore class started out with over 250 students and after the fall semester, senior year, there were only 30-40 students. I went to another school, Villanova, and it was like day and night between the 2. Villanova teachers actually want their students to graduate, unlike neumann. Neumann likes to keep the number of stundent whos graduate per year low so they can keep their NCLEX pass fail rate high. But if you read the Philadelphia Inquirer you must have seen their 2008-2009 was a whooping 87.2% which ranks them 7th out of 12 Nursing schools in this area. Here is where you can see the article: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/educa...a__s_best.html
So i suggest, dont waste your money or time and look into either Drexel or Villanova. Hope this helps
- 0Mar 18, '10 by Pixie28yes, i was a fulltime student. i ate, slept and breathed nursing school and i still fell short. my best friendís daughter went to neumann this past semester but unfortunately, like most of the nursing students there, was knocked out the program. she said that come next fall they are raising their passing grade from a 77 to an 80. i understand that you are going to go because you were already accepted. my best advice to you is make sure you keep records of everything. when they post your grade online print it out right away, print out all of the emails between you and the faculty and make sure you really work hard because they are not going to make it easy there for you. i wish you the best of luck. you are really going to need it.
- 0Mar 18, '10 by Ceema09thank you again for the advice. I just cannot believe that so many people get knocked out of their program. I know that working hard is an understatement if its as hard as you say it is. However, I've come very far and will definitely give my all to succeed in their program. How were their tests structured?
- 0Apr 12, '10 by Ceema09Hello m27a,
It wasn't that hard to get accepted into Neumann's part-time program. however, there are so many people applying to their program that it tends to fill up quick. In regards to the staff, they seem to be very helpful from what I hear. I start next month and have asked questions about the staff willing to help. In 2008, Neumann had a NCLEX pass rate of over 98% and that is one of the main reasons I chose to apply there. I hope this helps.