Jefferson 2012 APW Program - page 3
10,691 Views | 65 Comments
Has anyone else been accepted for Thomas Jefferson APW nursing program for Fall 2012? :)... Read More
- 0Ok, so I'm tempted to call the admissions office again, and need someone to talk me out of it, lol. I've never actually spoken to Niki over the phone, but I've sent her a couple e-mails recently and have never gotten a reply. I don't know how much longer I can go without having my answer. I'm going crazy!
- 0Mar 7, '12 by gglove317NOOOO! Don't smack your head against the wall! Let me tell you that when I talked to her on the phone briefly to set up a phone interview time, she sounded SUPER busy and strapped for time. I will inquire about rough estimates on when we should be hearing about things on Friday when I speak with her. I'm keeping every part of my body crossed for you!!!
PS - what are your stats/experience?
- 0Haha, I love that little smacking-head-against-wall emoticon. It so represents how I feel right now. I did end up calling the admissions office because I got an e-mail from NursingCAS saying that the most recent transcript I sent wasn't complete. I called NursingCAS to explain to them that I took Nutrition during my school's "Winter Intercession" period, and that the reason my grade for Chem II wasn't there yet was because the class doesn't end till May. My school just lumps the Winter Intercession period in with the Spring semester, so both classes were put on the updated transcript, even though I'm not finished with Chem II yet. But the lady on the phone had no idea what I was telling her and said that she needed me to send a complete transcript before she could send it to the school. Talk about wanting to bang my head against a wall!!!
So I left a message with the admissions office and just heard back from them a few minutes ago (not Niki, someone else I've talked to a few times). I explained the situation to her and she said that she could still see that NursingCAS verified my A in Nutrition, even though they told me they couldn't. She did say that Niki is completely swamped and is still trying to finalize things for the FACT program that starts in May. Ours starts in September, so I totally understand that she needs to focus more on FACT. I asked if she knew whether or not the class was full and she told me it is not full yet (wooohooo there's hope!!!).
As for my stats/experience - I graduated in 2006 with a B.A. in Law & Justice Studies. I figured out during my last semester there that I didn't want to be a lawyer after all, so I've been working in various administrative jobs over the last 5+ years while I tried to figure out what I wanted to do. I've worked for the same company since July 2006 - started out as the Receptionist, moved up into Customer Service after a while, and then moved up into the Executive Administrative Assistant role, which is what I do now. I work for the CEO of our company. Unfortunately, I've never worked in a medical-related field, but hopefully they won't hold that against me.
I have a 3.4 cumulative undergrad GPA and have a 4.0 GPA in my prereqs. I took the TEAS V test last year because I had considered going into a local diploma program at Our Lady of Lourdes hospital, and scored somewhere in the 80s (87, I think?). Jefferson doesn't take those scores, though, so they won't ever know that, lol. I feel like I have what they're looking for to get in, but I know it's a really competitive program, so maybe my stats aren't good enough?
Thanks for your support, gglove! I'm keeping everything crossed for you too! If you think of it while you're on the phone, it would be great if you could ask her that. But don't sweat it if you don't get to ask her. How are you feeling about Friday so far?
- 0Mar 11, '12 by emdonnelly1205Hi Everyone. I was accepted into Jefferson's APW program on Friday only a couple hours after my interview. It was surprising how fast they responded. I was wondering if any of you know what the tuition is for the APW program. I cannot find it anywhere on the website. Thanks.
- 0Mar 11, '12 by gglove317Hi emdonnelly! Congrats on your acceptance! My interview is coming up this week. Did you interview in person or over the phone? How did you feel it went? Any tips?
As for tuition, I think that the first 2 years are based on the bachelor's program cost, which is $31,500 (not including room and board or any other fees). After that, I believe you pay for the graduate portion on a per credit basis, and I'm pretty sure that it's $960 per credit so the total for the 27 credits is about $26,000. Basically for the whole program plus books and living costs for the 3.5 years I would plan on spending somewhere between $100k and $110k.
I know it's LOTS - but, the good thing is that the return on your cost should be pretty darn good. When you finish you'll start somewhere between $70k and $100k depending on what part of the country and in what specialty you plan to work in. I hope that's helpful and I wish you lots of luck!
- 0Mar 11, '12 by jocy_anneCongrats emdonnelly!!! It's great that you found out so quickly after the interview! The tuition is definitely not cheap because it's a private institution, but I think it will be well worth it in the end. I'm not sure how often they raise their tuition rates, but we should keep in mind that the numbers listed on their website are for the 2011-2012 school year. I really hope they won't go up for 2012-2013, but I don't know how optimistic we can be about that. I still have no idea how I'm going to be able to afford all of this if I'm accepted into the program, but I'm hoping it will work out somehow.
Do you mind sharing some of your background with us? When did you submit your application? Are you still taking prereqs or are they already fulfilled? I'm going nuts here waiting to see if I'm "interview-worthy" and am trying to see if I can figure out how soon I'll find out based on when other people applied. I may give Niki Kelley a call tomorrow, since I haven't been able to get a hold of her via e-mail.
Good luck with everything and I hope that we all get to be classmates in September!
- 0Mar 14, '12 by jocy_anneI want to take some time to encourage anyone who might be reading this and is still waiting to hear back about an interview. I was able to get a hold of Niki Kelley yesterday afternoon, and she told me that she's been working on a FACT deadline that she has to meet this week, but plans to switch her focus back on the APW program next week (week of 3/19). So if you're like me and are waiting to see if you'll get an interview, I'm hoping we'll start getting our answers as early as next week! :spin: