Hershey Clinics in State CollegeRegister Today!
- by marshmallowstar Aug 19, '11Hi,
I'm relocating to State College and am interested in the new Hershey clinics there. Anyone have any experience with these? or know the nurse recruiter information?
Thanks so much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=606971©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 705 Views
- Nov 3, '11 by mkiseverythingHello! how are you? i'm new here and I also just moved to state college. I just graduated from LPN school in Virginia and passed my NCLEX and now have my PA practice permit and i'm having trouble finding a job. I am not picky at all. Do you know of anywhere that is hiring around here?
- Nov 3, '11 by marshmallowstarHi,
I didn't have much luck with the Hershey clinics b/c they wanted more experience for the RN positions. Both Hershey and Geisinger are hiring LPNs though. You can also check Mount Nittany as their website now lists the positions for doctor's offices as well. I would also contact their nurse recruiter, I just got something in the mail that they're having a job fair this month (sorry I already threw it away or I would give you more details) You can also sign up for civil service for Rockview, I know a couple of LPNs are leaving there soon.
I would avoid the Meadows (the Psych hospital in Centre Hall)
Honestly I would try to get into the Hershey clinics b/c you and your family get 75% off Penn State tuition. That would be a huge perk for me.
Good luck, let me know if you need any help. I've lived in State College for 10 years and love it here.
PS My previous post said I was relocating b/c I went to nursing school in pittsburgh and while I've lived in State College since 2000 it was the first time I was looking for nursing jobs here.
- Nov 3, '11 by mkiseverythingThank you so much, that is so helpful!!! That's a shame about the Meadows, I did hear it was bad, although I do like psych. I just had an interview at University Orthopedics and i'm waiting to hear back. Thank you so much, i really need a job lol
- Nov 4, '11 by marshmallowstarNo problem.
I've heard good things (from a pt's perspective) about university ortho
I used to work at the meadows many moons ago and have friends who recently left. Apparently it's gotten to a pretty unsafe place to work it is a shame, I LOVED working children's unit and would go back in a heartbeat if I didn't think I would loose my license there.
There are of course many ltcs in the area too, the one I've heard the best things about is the village at Penn state but I have no personal experience with any of them.
- Nov 4, '11 by mkiseverythingThat is ashame about the meadows, maybe they'll clean up theyre act! thank you! i'll keep you posted on here!
- Oct 28, '12 by FranemtnurseI have lived in State College since January 1996, and I don't want to live anywhere else. I love the area, the people are friendly, and Penn State is a very nice campus. My daughter was a grad student there for 10 years.