Drexel Nursing ACE Program Fall 2013
- 1Aug 28, '12 by MsDooyahHI guys, so I am very new to this but I am EXTREMELY anxious about getting accepted into this program for the Fall. I have a Public Health Degree and have quite some experience in the Health field (ie. hospitals, senior living home, companion care, education).
Reading other forums I really don't know what my chances are of getting in. I have seen someone with a cum. gpa of 2.6 get in, while someone with a 3.0 get denied. Anyone who has applied, have you heard back from Drexel yet? Do you know anyone who was accepted into the spring 2013 semester.
I'm praying EXTRA hard. I never wanted anything so much in my life. All my Application materials have been in since August 6.
- 0Aug 28, '12 by JillyPlotI was just accepted last week into the ACE program for Spring 2013. My GPA was very high though. As long as your GPA is where they require and you are working on your pre-reqs I wouldn't worry too much. I don't know when they start the acceptance process for the fall though. Good luck!
- 0Aug 28, '12 by espressoI was accepted for spring 2012, but I'm starting at Jefferson next week. My GPA was a 3.5 over all. They really made it sound like you just need to have the minimum 3.0 and the prerequisite classes covered and you're good to go. You probably know that you don't need an essay or any letters and it's free to apply. You should have a good chunk of the prerequisites done before you apply, I think they want 9.
- 0Sep 26, '12 by Lindsay630Hi! I too am anxiously waiting to hear from Drexel for the ACE program Fall 2013. My undergraduate GPA was above a 3.0, and my prerequisite GPA is a 3.6. I don't think I have wanted anything so badly in my entire life!
Does anyone know a general time frame of when acceptance letters start to go out? I know the deadline for applying isn't for another 19 days, but I feel like I am sitting at the edge of my seat.
Where else are you applying? This is the only school in PA that has my full attention (Penn is way too long and expensive, Villanova has religion requirements that I am not too fond of and Jefferson's pre reqs included OChem when I checked, which really isn't something I want to pay for, just for one school.)
- 0Oct 6, '12 by jrb1045I applied in September for the ACE fall 2013 program. I know they don't start reviewing apps until 10/15. If anyone else applied and posts when they hear a decision, I would appreciate it. I will post when I hear too...I have no idea how long it will take to hear, hopefully by the Holidays
- 0Oct 10, '12 by erg3149Hi everyone, I'm also applying for the fall 2013 cohort. I was wondering if anyone had any admissions stats for the program? I live out of state so I wasn't able to attend an information session. However, I've heard from a few people that they get as many as 900 applications each cycle, for which only about 70 applicants are accepted. Is that correct? An 8% acceptance rate seems really steep when others are saying you just need a 3.0 in last 60 hrs and to have the pre-reqs done. Just wondering what my chances are...
Anyway, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat -- Drexel is the only program I am applying to. I squeaked out of undergrad with a 2.9 overall, but got a 4.0 in my master's program, so I'm hoping that will help me out.
- 0Oct 16, '12 by Jrsweeti also am very anxious about drexel! i still have a few prereqs to complete (major sciences are done) so i have a feeling i wont be hearing right away but i did get my app in early august..if anyone hears back soon can you share your overall gpa, and prereq gpa if you dont mind)??? thanks!!!
- 0Nov 3, '12 by AfbrennanFor those of you waiting to hear for fall 2013...don't expect decisions to made before thanksgiving. Most aren't decided until Christmas or new year. As long as you are around the 3.0 range you are fine. They accept a large amount of students especially in the fall class. I graduated this past fall and my class started with 170 students. They mainly look at your pre-req's. I remember the waiting game all too well...Good luck to all!!!
- 0Nov 4, '12 by xsmashBSN_RNI'm applying for Fall 2013 as well. The only thing I'm worried about is the expenses of it all. With taking 20somethjng credits a term, obviously work is out of the question. Paying for transportation and living expenses (plus a car note + insurance) seems pretty much impossible. I'm still in school right now finishing up my Bachelor's in General Science so I barely have enough money to save with a part time job. Anyone in the same situation as I am? Any former students with any suggestions??