Drexel ACE Spring 2013, any applicants out there? - page 10
by Kelsea1214 39,666 Views | 152 Comments
Hello All- I applied to the Drexel ACE program for Spring 2013 start date. Just wondering if there is any one else out there who will be playing the waiting game for the next several weeks/months ;)... Read More
- 0Congrats BZieg!
Did they give you a provisional/conditional acceptance based on your Fall grades? I am hoping at the very least I can get something like that soon just so that I know I'll be in.
Can I ask what your GPAs were? My undergrad is in Liberal Arts. My last 60 credits GPA is 3.5-3.7 depending on how they calculate, and my prereqs GPA is 3.8 so far.
Where are you taking your Chem, Micro and Ethics? I am taking them at DCCC, if you are too maybe I'll see you around!
- 0Aug 24, '12 by JillyPlotHey all! I have an update! I called my admissions counselor about an hour ago to see if I could find out when I'd hear because if I don't get in, I have extra pre-reqs to take for my backup school. He told me I was in the queue to be reviewed by the middle of next week but he would prioritize me to be reviewed Monday or possibly today. Well, about 45 minutes after I called, I opened the Discover Drexel website just to see if it said that it was under review or anything, and I saw that I got in!!! So I will be joining all of you in the spring! Can't wait!!
- 0Aug 24, '12 by BZiegThank you!!! Actually I am not quite sure of my exact GPA for my pre reqs because I took them at several different schools but they were all As and Bs I think maybe one C. My Bachelors is in Advertising and I graduated with a 3.1 I believe. Your GPA is great so you really shouldn't have any problems.
I told them the classes I was taking in the fall and my acceptance doesn't say provisional but i'm sure it is since I have to finish those classes. Did you send them an outline of when you plan on taking your remaining classes?
I am taking Chem, Micro and Nutrion at CCC and Ethics at GCC.
- 0I applied online on 8/9 and next day air my undergrad transcripts which showed received the following monday 8/13, but then they still needed my dccc transcripts for my 4 summer classes, which as soon as they were posted i sent over and by 8/17 everything had been received at drexel admissions. i figured i'd wait a full week to give them a chance to review everything before calling and making sure that everything is ok. I had even added drexel to my 2012-13 FAFSA and they have received that. I hope when I call on Monday to have them take a look and show them how serious I am and that I will finish this program successfully.
Hope to see you all there in April creating study groups and study guides together!
- 0Aug 25, '12 by JillyPlotThat sounds like a Good idea. It took me 2 weeks to get them to give me an answer about when I'd be reviewed, but it probably depends on who you talk to. I know it only takes a few minutes to decide once they are up to you in the list since it only took 45 minutes after I spoke with the admissions counselor when he was moving me up the list.
- 0Aug 25, '12 by BZiegWhen I kept calling to see if they received my transcipts they told me they couldn't tell until they were processed. Once they were processed, which was a friday, they reviewed my application Monday and had the decision. Also I got the official letter and in there it explains that it is provisional based on my completion of the final courses. Good Luck!! Ill keep my fingers crossed for you!
Does anyone know what our schedule will be like? Is it Monday through Friday or are their weekends as well?