DCCC Nursing Program 2013 - page 4
by ChristinaCupcake 10,748 Views | 42 Comments
Is anyone currently applying for the Nursing Program for next year? I took my TEAS already, and I'm retaking it in two weeks to get a better score before applying. I'm just curious if anyone else is applying. I'm excited!... Read More
- 0Jan 7, '13 by 4boysmamaI would say that your chances of getting in are higher than 99% - there's 96 spots in the day program, and every year there's people who drop out before courses begin, nevermind those who can't pull tuition together by the summer deadline, etc. There were at least 6 people in my class who were originally waitlisted.
- 0Jan 8, '13 by cianni2000Quote from 4boysmamaThank you very much. I can breathe a little easier.I would say that your chances of getting in are higher than 99% - there's 96 spots in the day program, and every year there's people who drop out before courses begin, nevermind those who can't pull tuition together by the summer deadline, etc. There were at least 6 people in my class who were originally waitlisted.
- 0Jan 8, '13 by BijoutlpnQuote from jessika12goldWhat is the deadline to have full petition w/ teas scores submitted for LPN to RN for Fall 2013?yikes! That's a lot of disappointed people. 130 for the regular rn program? or for the advanced lpn-rn? I asked the same question regarding the TEAs since my scores were average and my GPA is a 3.75 A's in all my sciences. I was told they "go about it accordingly". I assume that meant they'd take certain things into comparison. You would think GPA would be the first thing, but I do know they look to see how many prereqs you've finished.
- 0Jan 11, '13 by 4boysmamaQuote from CorinacrayolaThere's 32 seats for day program Chester county, and 96 for Marple day program. (that's because there's only 1 section/class at chester, and there's 3 sections/classes at marple) There's 32 seats for evening/weekend at marple and at chester, also.Hello, I believe there are 32 seats for the day program for Chester County residents, and 32 seats for the day program for Delaware county residents. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how I understood it. Good luck to all
What is the deadline to have full petition w/ teas scores submitted for LPN to RN for Fall 2013?
I think it's April? There's no specific number of seats for LPNs set, because it depends on how many students who have dropped from the first year. So, for example, if 12 students have been lost over the course of a year (at Marple, day program), that would bring the cohort down to 84. Re-enrolling students (ie: someone who failed Nur 210 last year and is taking it over) have priority admission, so let's say there's 3 of those students coming in, making the cohort 87. That means there's 9 seats available for incoming LPN-RN students. You'd do the bridge over the summer (starting in May, I think?) and then join the cohort in Nur 210 when fall semester starts. Have you contacted anyone in Admissions about this? I think there's additional requirements for the application besides the regular nursing app.
- 0Jan 30, '13 by ChristinaCupcake4boysmama Thank you for your information that was so helpful!! I wish I checked this sooner, I don't get any notifications from the site...I thought no one answered!! I'm so excited to see some of you there, I got a %78 on the TEAS and was accepted, and in the top quarter percentile. I'm so nervous/excited but I appreciate any past experience! Im trying to figure out how I would juggle hours at two jobs and go to school AND study but it should work out! I thank god for weekend overnight hospital work