Aria School of Nursing September 2012 - page 5
by simplyblessed 38,125 Views | 558 Comments
Hi all, I'm new to this site (just joined today). But I've been lurking for a few weeks. I'm applying for the Aria Health SON and would love to meet others who are applying for the September 2012 academic year.... Read More
- 0Feb 16, '12 by AspiringNurse_AmberThank you for your help! I have not been able to get in contact with Julie over the phone, but I emailed her yesterday asking for an interview. I actually met her the day that I took the TEAS test and she seemed just as nice as she does over the phone and in emails. Please let me know how your interview goes once you get a chance!
- 0Feb 20, '12 by simplyblessedHey Amber,
It is much easier to reach her by email than catching her on the phone. I've only managed to catch her by calling her once. As for the interview, it went great! The good thing about it was that I was able to ask questions. For example, I asked her how the TEAS scores were used and made sure that all my documents were in. I was also able to get clarification on their BSN collaboration with Penn and also if I would be a good fit for the school and vice versa. You are 100% correct, she really is just as nice in person as she is on the phone.
- 0Feb 20, '12 by AspiringNurse_AmberSo glad to hear that your interview went well! Unfortunately, I have yet to get into contact with Julie but I will keep trying. Do you mind me asking what she said about the TEAS scores and if she mentioned how important they are in the decision making? Your information is greatly appreciated!
- 0Feb 20, '12 by simplyblessedShe said that the older TEAS test was easier and they used to look for a higher passing rate. But with the new TEST a 74 is not like getting a C but rather a B. That made me feel a lot better. She said that they take everything into account. For example, how many classes did you have to repeat before getting a good grade. So while the TEAS is important, it is not the end of the road if you did not score well.
- 0Hi guys...is everyone's anticipation building!? :OI saw that one you guys said the school lowered the overall ATI score to 60%, but when I took the test (version 5) on top of the score report it posted the school wanted an overall 70%. Did they just lower they just lower the score?
- 0I like to speak things into existence :-) ...sooo I'll give guys a heads up for when you get your acceptance packets be ready to run around and jump hoops within a 30 day deadline. Drs appts, dentist appts, possibly eye appts, and background checks. The applicant info deadline for january admission was september 15th but we didn't receive our decision letters until the 3rd week of october. An entire month on pins and needles.
- 0Feb 26, '12 by simplyblessedI have been on pins and needles since sending in my application back in December! I too like to speak things into existence and pretty much 'know' that I will be getting my acceptance packet. I've prayed for it and believe it to be so. I did comb over the old post for the ladies that got in to the January 2012 admission and did realize that there is a lot to do and a lot of cash to shell out, but I'm ready for it!!
@ awarren, do you know where the neshimany (sp) complex is? I'm coming from NJ so I take either the Tacony Palmyra or the Betsy Ross bridge and am wondering which would be better? Also, in regards to your TEAS 5 question, I met with Julie two weeks ago and she told me that they lowered the score to 60. Perhaps it was done after you took your test?
She also let me know that it may be a good idea to get a ipad as some of the books come in a digital format and it would be easier to carry the medical dictionary in an ipad rather than hauling the book around. But it's $700 and I don't think I'm going to be able to convince my husband on that purchase but who knows? I wonder if the current students just have them on their laptops? I also asked her if I should purchase a Litman stethescope as I do have another one that I bought for medical class. She said they have a student package for all of that stuff.
I do know that I will definitely be running to my mailbox starting the first week of April!