Applied or accepted to Drexel ACE BSN Spring 2012? - Page 5Register Today!
- Jun 3, '11 by krd1984I just got my acceptance online today, now waiting for it in the mail! I hope to see you all there. I had applied in January but since I still didnt complete some of the prerequisites then I had to send my second set of transcripts in after the spring session. They were fairly quick in accepting me after I sent them in, now just need to complete the rest of them. I hope to see you all there in April!
- Jun 5, '11 by Mystique502I got in! Yay found out on Friday. See you all there in April!
- Jun 10, '11 by msneei got in too!! congrats everyone !! what is everyone going to do till april?
Are we considered transfer students for the ACE program? I already ahve a bachelors in another field.
as for ebooks, is it possible to share ebooks? or does everyone need their own copy? if its just files for the ipad, we can just buy 1 copy and put it on a flash drive for everyone else? that would save 1000$ or so
- Jun 10, '11 by ArdnethNope, you can't do that. You don't buy a "copy" of the book, you buy access to the book. You have to access it either via their website, or an install app.
- Jun 10, '11 by PairofThr33sCongrats to everyone who got in again! I'm really looking forward to starting the program. I actually am finishing my prereqs in a month or so.. then I'm taking a few months off just to relax and get amped for the 11 months of awesomeness. Look forward to meeting everyone
- Jun 10, '11 by HelenRN88I just found out I got accepted too for SPRING 2012!!!!!!! I got wait-listed for Fall 2011 then finally got accepted for next year. Also Ms.Tina Heuges, (Associate Director) was really helpful!!!
So when does this program start?? next year january?? or when?? I am still waiting to hear from UMDNJ (i am from NJ..) but ACE program is the shortest one in the nation so if i don't get into UMDNJ, then i will def go for ACE program. also drexel nursing school's NCLEX passing rate is over 98%!!! this is really great!!! So excited!!! if, anyone has any information about this program, would you share it??!! i think we should make a facebook group or something to discuss more about the program!! congrats to everyone who got accepted!!
- Jun 11, '11 by PairofThr33sCongrats Helen, that is great news! I believe the program begins at the end of March/beginning of April if I'm not mistaken (my apologies if I am). I think there are facebook groups dedicated to the ace program, but I don't actually know (not a FBer haha). Congrats again!
- Jun 11, '11 by msneeDoes anyone have the link to the fb group?
- Jun 11, '11 by HelenRN88Thank you @PairofThr33s !!!
and the facebook group is http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...259220828&ap=1
- Jun 14, '11 by TillytiffinJust a re-post of some info regarding pre-reading and the e-books - hope this helps...
"Congratulations on your acceptance! I just finished first quarter of ACE and as far as studying anything before you start, I would really just focus on math, especially if you aren't comfortable with it now. The calculating with confidence book is part of the ebook package so if you plan to buy the ebooks I wouldn't buy a brand new copy of that now (although you could probably find an older edition or used one for cheap to practice with now). Also for the ebooks - you can read them on the ipad using the same app as the ipod, but I don't think you can highlight or right notes using it. And I don't believe they are compatible with nook or kindle. Keep in mind you don't have to buy the ebooks, they give you the book list so you can just buy hard copies if you'd like. I wasn't sure about them at first but it's not that bad reading on my laptop and I definitely appreciate not having to carry all those books around.
I'm not really sure if it would have been useful to look at Patho before starting since a lot of the information is really specific. And Pharm isn't until second quarter so I wouldn't worry about studying that just yet. As far as once you start, I really like the Reviews and Rationales books for each subject."