Anyone attending Mercy Hospital School of Nursing (Pittsburgh) in August 2011? - page 5
by aubie.mathews | 9,113 Views | 57 Comments
Hello! I am going to be attending Mercy Hospital School of Nursing in the fall of 2011. I was hoping to meet some people before hand!... Read More
- 0Apr 18, '11 by weesie1244Quote from aubie.mathewshi, i am still waiting i am a lpn and was told i would hear something by may. Do you know any info and i am from plumboro, so is this school in oakland?Hello!
I am going to be attending Mercy Hospital School of Nursing in the fall of 2011.
I was hoping to meet some people before hand!
- 1Apr 21, '11 by annietartHey everyone. I'm actually a current Mercy student, but I'm taking a leave of absence and will be joining your class for Med-Surg next April.
My words of advice:
Take every class you can before entering. The nursing classes are rough.
Attendance may be optional, but they really mean mandatory. Go to class!
It's a very, very small school so be nice to everyone. The instructors WILL know your name.
Get involved with SNAP and Student Association.
Cherokee and Koi make the best white scrub pants, and socks need to be white.
Always leave the bed in the lowest position when leaving the room!
- 0Apr 22, '11 by javapearlThanks Annie for the advice! It was nice of you to offer us some suggestions. Come and join the FB page, if you can! We are all so new to this.. and curious about everything! We wondered what days the clinicals were, and the hours... like an average schedule... things like that.
- 0Apr 23, '11 by weesie1244Quote from aubie.mathewsthanks aubie, i got a letter stating i would know by the 1st week of june. I just want to know so i can get everything in order. like physicals and clearances and what financial aid steps to take. I've also applied to ccac just waiting to hear any kind of news, this is very nerve racking.I personally have no idea about the lpn to rn acceptance at Mercy. I have already receives my acceptance just a month ago! the school is located next to duquesne college it's part of the hospital
- 0May 19, '11 by nagrimesHi , I am in the same boat with the credits not transferring. I was told to take CLEP exams for english, sociology, pyschology and human growth. I just took the English CLEP and taking the sociology next week and the rest during the summer. You have until the first day of class to take them. I want to make my nursing school process as less stressful as it can be.
- 0May 20, '11 by javapearlQuote from nagrimesI have the study materials to CLEP the psychology and human growth. I was going to do the psych, first. I was wondering where you took the test at, and how far ahead did you had to schedule in advance. Was the exam hard? Did you study a lot for it? I have sociology to do too, but have some time over next summer to worry about it. I just took English II, at the college, and she said that will work, so I won't have to Clep an english.Hi , I am in the same boat with the credits not transferring. I was told to take CLEP exams for english, sociology, pyschology and human growth. I just took the English CLEP and taking the sociology next week and the rest during the summer. You have until the first day of class to take them. I want to make my nursing school process as less stressful as it can be.
I too would like to have as much done as I can. I am taking micro this summer, and hope I can squeeze in my cleps... just have to stay focused and get through it. Nose to the grind! Hard to do when there is so much going on for the summer, but might as well get used to it... it is going to be our lives for the next 2 years!
Good luck to you!