Critique my resume??Register Today!
- by on eagles wings Mar 3, '12Hi guys, here is my resume... please let me know if I should change something. I am going to keep it in Times New Roman, 11 pt. The format is NOT coming out right here so please ignore that part =/
Also I have a question... I have my CNA cert but I need to renew it lol How long does renewal take and should I mention anything on my resume about this??? thanks!
To obtain a patient care technician position in an acute care floor
Foley catheterization & care
NG Tube feedings
Not your college, 2009-present, Cumulative GPA 3....something... I forgot
Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN RN)
Graduation Date December 2012
09/11—12/11 -- XYZ Rehab and Nursing Home, North Miami Beach, FL
· Bathed, dressed, and fed residents
· Checked blood sugars & administered morning Insulin injections during med pass
· Kept patient’s environment clean and safe
· Gave patients PO meds during med pass
· Transported patients to their appointments on time in the facility
· Provided patient teaching on medications and health/wellness/self-care
· Communicated important patient status to Nurse
2/09-current – Blahblahblah Hospital, Aventura, FL, Telemetry
· Took accuchecks and administered medications as needed
· Non-sterile wound care
· Rotated to the Operating Room, Cardiac Cath Lab, and GI Station
· Generate patient care plans, including assessments, evaluations, implementations,
interventions, outcomes, and nursing diagnoses.
06/11 – Present – Student Library Assistant – BloopBloopBloop Library
· Issues, renews, and discharges library materials under supervision
· Maintains and sorts library equipment, books, journals, and supplies.
· Assists students and faculty in locating needed materials
· Aids supervisors with delegated routine library maintenance
05/2010 – 11/2010 – Tutor
· Evaluated student needs and planned mini-lessons targeting student’s weak areas
· Assisted elementary and college students in math, science, and English projects
· Kept in contact with elementary student’s teacher regarding progress
- Mar 5, '12 by on eagles wingsanythinggg? lol must mean its perfect?
- Mar 6, '12 by karamarie91Hi, I remember using your TEAS study guide thread to help me make a good score on the TEAS!
I am a new PCT and I think you have good experience considering you are a nursing student. However, I think your objective could be something stronger. Perhaps, you could state in your objective what skills you intend to utilize in addition to the position you are seeking. It also doesn't hurt to add in your goal in the objective(ex: My goal is to become a Registered Nurse). I heard hospitals love nursing students as techs...sometimes they will hire them versus someone who just wants a PCT job because students are always willing to learn.
I think you need to specialize this resume as much as possible for this position. Make it clear in the resume that you are the right fit for the PCT position. You listed many nurse tasks(like injections---techs can't do that)..but add as many tech tasks under that hospital clinical rotation. Like ADL's, ensuring patient safety. Even though your work experience isn't in healthcare, you can still use words that evoke a sense of customer service, teamwork, and other skills needed in a PCT job. Then, when you get the interview you can elaborate and tie everything together.
I think you have a good resume. Just be sure that the resume covers everything that you have done that is related to the skills a PCT needs..not just the technical skills, but also the personal skills(honesty, customer service, timeliness, accuracy,etc..,)
Also, it may not hurt to include a cover letter if you can find the person who is in charge of hiring. A cover letter makes your resume seem for specialized for the actual hospital you are applying for...
- Mar 6, '12 by on eagles wingsthanks a bunch karamarie! those are all really good pointers and i will use all of them to fix this little mess i got going on!
i'm really hoping to get a tech job at an ER... i'm thinking of waiting a little til we get to do EKGs in school. what do you think? thanks again!