How do I become an ortho NP?Register Today!
- by melodys Nov 9, '10Hi! I am interested in being a orthopaedic nurse practitioner and I cant find any schools to see if there is a specialty nurse practitioner program or if it is a family practice nurse who completes the minimum required hours and then is able to take the certification exam. I went to the ortho nurse website which helped alittle and I even called their number and they didnt know the education pipeline to get there!
If anyone here knows how to become one I would appreciate it!
- Jan 10, '12 by mzychowiczAlthough most ortho NPs get on the job training, Duke University School of Nursing has an orthopedic NP specialty program that is starting in the Summer 2012.
- Jan 10, '12 by atomRNOur NP's are either family or acute setting NP's with a background in ortho.
- Jan 10, '12 by jahraQuote from mzychowiczIs there a link with info on this program? I could not find info on theAlthough most ortho NPs get on the job training, Duke University School of Nursing has an orthopedic NP specialty program that is starting in the Summer 2012.
Duke University SON site.
Thank you ....
- Jan 19, '12 by zoidberglook at the MSN page, it is at the bottom after all of the main MSN foci. They let an NP add the courses to their curriculum, i.e. an ANP/FNP adding the ortho in their elective class slots