What hospitals ARE hiring new grads?Register Today!
- by BonnieSc Jan 23, '09OK, so as far as I understand, all Providence hospitals and OHSU have a hiring freeze on. What hospitals/hospital systems ARE hiring in NW Oregon, especially for new grads? Are there any job fairs coming up? Are most new graduates getting jobs?
- Jan 23, '09 by ICU_chickI don't know about Portland but about 1 1/2 hours South in Corvallis we are hiring new grads!
Come check out Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center:
- Jan 23, '09 by marachneOHSU on February 12 is having a Career Fair:
"The Alumni Association is hosting the Annual School of Nursing Career Fair on the Portland campus from noon to 3pm in the first floor lobby. Employers will be on hand from many area companies and hospitals to talk to students and any nurses looking to expand their careers."
Also, I don't know when the OSNA is having their conference, but they usually have a vendors room - good time to talk with employers
- Jan 24, '09 by BonnieScI'm definitely interested in the Corvallis program, but the new grad program jobs don't seem to be posted yet--do you know when they'll go up?
I wonder which job fair would be a better bet...
- Jan 28, '09 by quick2k2ecotecWendy I too am living in Portland and am looking for places that hire new RN grads. I just filled out the application for the hospital in Corvallis. The drive will suck, but the pay will be nice. Maybe we could even carpool if we both got in there!!
- Jan 28, '09 by studentmom2007Yeah, it's kind of tough. With all the schools in the area with new grads each term, it's hard to find something. I have a friend that just moved back to PDX and she had a hard time finding a job, even with 1+ year experience as an RN.
- Jan 29, '09 by quick2k2ecotec
- Jan 30, '09 by GI-RN-PDXI don't think it says anywhere on the website that they hire new grads. It's up to the department and managers. I wouldn't limit yourself looking for jobs that specifically say "hiring new grads". I applied for a job that mentioned nothing about hiring new grads. They hired me before I graduated from RN school. I gave them the date I was scheduled for NCLEX and they held the position until I passed NCLEX. I applied thinking I wouldn't get that kind of job but HR called me right away for an interview. You just never know. I would start applying to whatever job you think you might like whether or not it says they hire new grads. Good luck!