OHSU's Accelerated BSN program 2012 - Page 5Register Today!
- Mar 12, '12 by smallfry2I can't wait to hear back from OHSU to see if I got into the ASBN program... But not until mid-April? Man, that is so far away... Thanks for the heads up. Let me know if any of you hear back sooner.
- Mar 12, '12 by smallfry2*ABSN
- Mar 13, '12 by navetteHello everyone, I have been following this post and hope you all get in to your programs!
I am going to apply to the Accelerated Bachelor's to Master's in Midwifery next year (start summer 2013).
For those of you that have applied, what was your GRE score? Were your essays more emotional or factual?
Thanks for any tips
- Mar 14, '12 by berkeleygirlHi Areawoman,
Congrats on your acceptance! Just to clarify, did you have to notify them by March or April 16th? I'm doing the waiting game as well...
- Mar 25, '12 by zeebeeHi All! I am waiting to hear about the ABSN program, too. It looks like last year acceptances were coming out at the end of March but this year it is mid-April? I can't wait to find out one way or the other.
- Mar 29, '12 by pnlu007i contacted a person at OHSU and she said they are tentatively planning to notify around april 15th...probably before that or right after as that day is sunday.
- Mar 30, '12 by areawomanAh, for some reason I just got this now -- I had to notify them by March 16th, and they deposited my check on the 22nd.
- Apr 2, '12 by embracechangeHi Habitus and Berkeleygirl - Looks like I'm in the same boat as you both, I got into Johns Hopkins, but am anxiously waiting to hear from OHSU. From reading these posts, looks like decisions will be sent out mid-April. I'm planning on attending the accepted students day at JHU on April 20th. Are either of you going? If not, I can try and get any questions answered that you may have. I'll be visiting several neighborhoods while I'm there such as Fells Point, Charles Village, and Mt Vernon, so can share my experiences with you if it is helpful.
JHU has impressed me on many levels, but I truly love Oregon, so am leaning towards staying here if I get into OHSU. It sounds like you are both leaning in that direction also? Anyway, good luck and let me know if I can help with any brainstorming!
Take care :-)
- Apr 3, '12 by berkeleygirlHi embracechange. I like your screen name...that is the right attitude to take I actually attended the accepted students day in March and did the neighborhood check-out then. You are planning on looking at the right areas, but you could also check out Patterson Park and Butchers Hill near Fells Point. I have heard all the wonderful things about the JHU program, but I really haven't heard much about the OHSU program. Do you have any information as to what makes their program so great?
- Apr 3, '12 by embracechangeBerkeleygirl - Thanks for the tips on those neighborhoods.. I'll make sure and check them out. I haven't heard a lot about the OHSU program other than word of mouth that students really like it and it has an excellent reputation. What have you learned about the JHU program? I'm trying to formulate some questions to ask both schools (if I get into OHSU), but feel at a loss as to what to ask. Do you have any advice?