Legacy Versant RN Residency - who's applying for this round? - Page 2Register Today!
- The first interview is set up as a "speed date" interview. There are a bunch of tables with numbers. Each has one or two managers. You are assigned a number and a time (20 minutes total). You wait outside of the room until your time comes, then go to the table and do your quick interview. There will be 3 candidates per hour this way. The manager(s) have your resume and letters of reference, so don't bring anything. I interviewed with one manager the first time I went for the Legacy Residency and two the second time around (different units).
I've been told once each manager narrows it down to 2-3 candidates they call for second interviews. Those are with a small panel of nurses/managers. I've never gotten that far, but have had a manager tell me the process. dynoboy - good luck! You'll do fine :-)
- May 25, '12 by AN1324did they ask you any clinical scenarios or just behavioral questions? i'll be interviewing for the OR and i think a lot of places understand that most nursing schools don't have an OR rotation, so thinking up possible clinical scenarios is tough.
- I didn't get any questions about specific scenarios. I applied in Acute Peds and the Burn unit. Both asked questions about working with difficult staff members, about why you went into nursing, what kind of things you bring to the position...but after that the questions were different. I would expect something about how you deal with difficult patients and how you work with a nursing team ("tell me about a time when you worked with a difficult staff member. How did you handle it?" - something like that). I've been asked specific clinical questions twice in a year of interviewing, and both times it was more to find out how I use critical thinking skills, rather than if I had the "right" answer.
- May 25, '12 by AN1324thanks for the input tejon! good luck this time around =)
- Happy to help! I think the Legacy Versant Program is a bit shrouded in mystery, so I'm glad to share a bit, especially if it makes the process less intimidating.
- May 26, '12 by Av03Got the email for a telephone interview. This is the second time, so hoping I can make it to the second round of interviews. Didn't have RN license last time, but I thought the interview went great.
- Jun 1, '12 by finadulI'll be scheduling a phone interview! I am incredibly excited, but feel my chances are very slim with all the posts I have read from the last few cohorts. Best of luck to everyone.
- Jun 17, '12 by Av03How did interviews go for those who did it in person?
- Jun 17, '12 by tejonMy interview is this Friday at 9:00. I'll be trying for the Acute Pediatrics at Randall Children's Hospital. Hoping it goes well!
- Jun 19, '12 by Av03Just got my call this morning for an interview with an ICU Manager tomorrow at 1120. Good luck to you tejon.