Preparing for the CNORRegister Today!
- by orrnvs Jun 4I have decided to study for the CNOR. Ive been in the OR now for 4 years. I have the CCI CNOR Exam Prep book along with Alexander's Care of the Patient in Surgery book. I'd like to hear from those of you who have passed the CNOR;
what were your methods to prepare for the exam?
What study aids did you use?
How long did you prepare before taking the test?
Any advice and suggestions are welcome!
- Jun 4 by Sweet_Wild_RoseDon't forget the Standards and Recommended Practices from AORN. Take a practice test to help identify your weaker areas, and then study extra for those. I actually used the prep course through AORN- 94% pass rate, money back if you fail, plus it's self paced. Here's the website: Prep for CNOR : Association of periOperative Registered Nurses
- Jun 21 by samswim4I used the CCI flash cards as well as the CCI app for iPhones. The app gives you about 120 questions based on the CNOR exam. It really was a great tool. I studied for a couple of weeks and did fine. Study the AORN standards as well, because those standards aren't necessarily what we practice on a daily basis. Good luck!
- Jun 29 by 1happyrnI am enrolled in the aorn Peri-op 101. Any new information about the exam?Last edit by 1happyrn on Jun 29 : Reason: wanted to reword.
- Jun 29 by 1happyrnI cannot get apps on my phone. Any hints?