Need information on running a mock cor zero and mock fire drill
- 0Mar 16, '09 by shaomaiAny ideas on how to run a mock cor zero and fire drill? I would appreciate it!
- 0Mar 18, '09 by shodobeQuote from shaomaiNot sure what a mock cor zero is but I do the annual fire drills and inservices here and have quite a bit of info. Just PM me and I will see what I can send you. When is this needed? I am busy over the next few days and will be gone until next week but if you don't need it right away i think I can help you. MikeAny ideas on how to run a mock cor zero and fire drill? I would appreciate it!Last edit by shodobe on Mar 18, '09
- 0Mar 29, '09 by mcmike55About a year ago,,,my how time flies!!....anyway, we did our first actual mock fire/evacuation of the OR.
We had anes. help and did it before cases started.
We also video taped the session for those that missed it.
This evacuation was the third is a series of 20-30 minute sessions on fire safety, and evacuation.
It was gratifying to hear all the talk and questions the inservice generated. It really got everyone thinking!
I'm thinking of not actually running a drill, but sort of walking through it....bringing in the local FD and hospital fire/safety people this time. They were supposed to be involved the last time, but couldn't make it. I hope this time will be different.
Like Mike, I'll be happy to help if I can....PM me, and I'll give you my E-Mail address.
In the mean time, I suggest search engines......I found a number of real nice sites on surgical fires, just look around.
- 0Jul 2, '09 by smellHello, my name is Sarah and I am an RN in the OR at an outpatient surgery center. I just became a member of allnurses.com on accident actually, I was looking for some information on fire safety. I would like to be able to do a mock fire drill in the OR with staff.....I think that would help by "running" through it. If you had any information that would help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I have looked at the AORN video, which was very informative like you mentioned. Thank you so much! Have a great day!
- 0Oct 30, '09 by ruggstershodobe, i am interested in anything you can share regarding this. i was assigned to run a mock fire drill in my or and i am looking for a starting place. i am new here so can't pm you yet. could you pm me your email address? (edited by dianah)Last edit by dianah on Oct 30, '09 : Reason: Removed email, as posting email is Terms of Service violation