Grossmont College RN Points Total - Page 2Register Today!
- Long2beanurse, beside orientation what do you think we should do to prepare for January. Hoping you may know.
- Sep 11 by long2beanurseCongrats!! I would say, start working on pharmacology. You can go on Grossmont's Website and look at the online bookstore. Look at the books for NURS 118 and NURS 120 (these are the first two classes and are taken simultaneously). You can get a jump on buying the pharmacology books (NURS 118) and the fundamentals it says wait, but there is a host of other books you will need. Might help with costs down the road. I have a Pharmacology flashcard set that I have kind of started carrying around with me and looking at it when I have time. I was also told about the Davis Q&A fundamentals. I think it is $50. It is at Barnes and Noble (as well as other places). It will get you used to NCLEX type questioning. I believe anything you can study beforehand will give you a heads up and a jump. It is going to be so overwhelming and if you have a little understanding, it will be easier
- Oh this is soo helpful. Thank you! I am taking transfer classes right now, but I will definitly make time to get these materials and look through them whenever possible. Is ADN it for you or are you looking to transfer for BSN?
- Any idea where I can find Pharmacology flash card set?
- Sep 11 by long2beanurseI will transfer after the ADN. I got my cards at Barnes and Noble. Or check amazon. It's by Mosby.
- Sep 13 by MoiredgirlI am shooting for SDSU. I ordered the Mosby's card from Amazon. Thank You! Anything else helpful, please let me know and I'll do the same.
- Sep 18 by AnxiousAntsyI also got accepted to Grossmont's Spring 2014 cohort . I believe I had 73 points. @longtobeanurse, can you tell us how the schedule will be like? I have two sons so I have to start making plans for childcare.
For everyone that got accepted, would you be interested in making a Facebook group?
- Sep 19 by long2beanurseI am not sure what tge schedule will be like, but you can go on the school website and look at web advisor class schedule and look up NURS 118 through 120 and see what it is for Fall. I would imagine we would follow the same schedule. Congrats in getting in!! I am all for a Facebook page.
- Sep 19 by AnxiousAntsy@long2beanurse, thanks for the tip! Will you be starting in the Spring 2014 class too? I thought you were a current student from a previous cohort, haha.
- Sep 19 by long2beanurseI will be attending in the Spring too. They just started Fall 2013 so you can see their classes. If you look in the nursing student handbook online you can see an outline of how classes go. It's pharmacology and fundamentals first and doseage calculations. At least it was that way last year and generally you go in numerical order for classes 118 and 120. I not an expert and I do not know this 100% but I have been researching this program for the last year. I want to be as prepared as possible!