Grand Canyon University Fall '11 HOPEFULLYS!! - Page 11Register Today!
- Jun 28, '11 by inspiredRN10TLK879,
I just took the NUR 207 in the spring semester. The book we used was: Interpersonal Relationships: Professional Communication Skills for Nurses by Elizabeth C Arnold and Kathleen Underman Boggs. 5th Edition. The book is green with a white banner. I got mine at Amazon for $10 probably! Good luck!
And yes, I had NO idea we had to take UNV (I already have a degree!!) and the religion course. So annoying. But I will probably try and take them both as soon as I can in the program. My counselor told me they are 8 weeks online. They recommend doing the UNV in the first level, and the religion in the 4th. But I may just want to knock those out so I won't have anything else to worry about!
- Jul 8, '11 by StudentERNickFor those of you who need to get a physical or a tb test still....
found out cvs minute clinic at 59th ave union hills does:
Physical exam: $39.99
Tb 1 step: $27.00
I think those prices are fairly decent. Hope that helps anyone. The physical
took less than 15 min and they only accept walk ins.
Hours monday-friday are 830am-7pm.
Is anyone as stoked as I am to start this thing! Bring it! !
Im real anxious about schedules, orientation, and financial aid.
Going to vegas and hopefully one more vaca before school begins....
- Jul 9, '11 by talenea88That's great NickWahoo, I will be making a trip to vegas as well before summer ends!! Very exciting!
Does anyone know when we will be able to register for classes? I'm anxious and excited to finally begin!! Although, I am appreciating every day of summer as I know fall semester will keep me busy! Thanks!
- Jul 10, '11 by StudentERNickI heard theyre still working on schedules and should come out mid-July? But I'm thinking end of July to beginning of Aug.
- Jul 10, '11 by LizzyruI had my appointment to go through immunization/CPR/fingerprint docs last week. After you have been verified to have all the necessary docs, you then call and make an appt with your counselor who will also request for financial counselor (and someone else..) to be at the meeting. I am meeting with them next Friday. When all that clears, my understanding is you can register. Nick, have you had your appt. with them yet?
I finally got an ok to take a week off at the end of July from work.. so we are headed to the beach.
Enjoy your time off!
- Jul 11, '11 by talenea88Hey all,
Does anyone know what kind of documentation we need for our TB test? Is the health care form enough? No one seems to be able to answer my question!! lol
- Jul 14, '11 by StudentERNick@Lizzyru: I tried emailing my enrollment counselor but I haven't heard anything back from her. Good luck in your meeting and have a fun vaca.
@talenea88: All I had was a sheet of paper my clinic gave to me that showed the doctor's signature and showed the tb test and whether it was positive or negative and the date next to it. I hope this helps. I don't think just the healthcare form filled out is enough. I believe you have to show actual documentation that you got your tb test!
- Jul 17, '11 by johnnyareiJust a question.....Did anyone get accepted at GCU with a C in one of their science courses? I have a C in Chemistry. I don't have time to retake it before the application deadline.
- Jul 17, '11 by inspiredRN10Yes I had a C in bio 202. My overall gpa was still a 3.5, decent teas scores, and I had a previous degree so I am not sure how much all that together helped, but I did have a C. You should be fine!
- Jul 19, '11 by StudentERNickGot my appointment Thursday with Finance Counselor and Academic Counselor to go over financial aid and hopefully register for fall.
Wish me luck!
I got an email today telling me there might be a couple different schedules out for Fall..... First come first serve.