Grand Canyon University Fall '11 HOPEFULLYS!! - page 11
by RNicholask 22,715 Views | 137 Comments
I just got done applying for GCU's fast track program to start this Fall. I'm hoping I get accepted so that I can start but might have to wait till Spring '12. Please let me know if you hear anything back from GCU about... Read More
- 0Jun 28, '11 by inspiredRN10TLK879,
I just took the NUR 207 in the spring semester. The book we used was: Interpersonal Relationships: Professional Communication Skills for Nurses by Elizabeth C Arnold and Kathleen Underman Boggs. 5th Edition. The book is green with a white banner. I got mine at Amazon for $10 probably! Good luck!
And yes, I had NO idea we had to take UNV (I already have a degree!!) and the religion course. So annoying. But I will probably try and take them both as soon as I can in the program. My counselor told me they are 8 weeks online. They recommend doing the UNV in the first level, and the religion in the 4th. But I may just want to knock those out so I won't have anything else to worry about!
- 0Jul 8, '11 by RNicholaskFor those of you who need to get a physical or a tb test still....
found out cvs minute clinic at 59th ave union hills does:
Physical exam: $39.99
Tb 1 step: $27.00
I think those prices are fairly decent. Hope that helps anyone. The physical
took less than 15 min and they only accept walk ins.
Hours monday-friday are 830am-7pm.
Is anyone as stoked as I am to start this thing! Bring it! !
Im real anxious about schedules, orientation, and financial aid.
Going to vegas and hopefully one more vaca before school begins....
- 0Jul 9, '11 by talenea88That's great NickWahoo, I will be making a trip to vegas as well before summer ends!! Very exciting!
Does anyone know when we will be able to register for classes? I'm anxious and excited to finally begin!! Although, I am appreciating every day of summer as I know fall semester will keep me busy! Thanks!
- 0Jul 10, '11 by LizzyruI had my appointment to go through immunization/CPR/fingerprint docs last week. After you have been verified to have all the necessary docs, you then call and make an appt with your counselor who will also request for financial counselor (and someone else..) to be at the meeting. I am meeting with them next Friday. When all that clears, my understanding is you can register. Nick, have you had your appt. with them yet?
I finally got an ok to take a week off at the end of July from work.. so we are headed to the beach.
Enjoy your time off!
- 0Jul 14, '11 by RNicholask@Lizzyru: I tried emailing my enrollment counselor but I haven't heard anything back from her. Good luck in your meeting and have a fun vaca.
@talenea88: All I had was a sheet of paper my clinic gave to me that showed the doctor's signature and showed the tb test and whether it was positive or negative and the date next to it. I hope this helps. I don't think just the healthcare form filled out is enough. I believe you have to show actual documentation that you got your tb test!