Georgetown vs NYU vs University of Michigan vs Villanova...Register Today!
This is a discussion on Georgetown vs NYU vs University of Michigan vs Villanova... in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hello Everyone-- My daughter was accepted to Fall admission of these schools and she's having a...by momofnursetobe Apr 27, '08Hello Everyone--
My daughter was accepted to Fall admission of these schools [AND Boston College & University of Virginia...] and she's having a tough time choosing because she really like something about them all!
For the most part, she's narrowing down to U Michigan & Georgetown, but I'd like to hear any first hand advice from anyone who has experienced ANY of these universities and their BSN Nursing programs. Since her ultimate goal is travel nursing, diversity and nursing-related travel abroad is very important to her, as well as languages & linguistics.
We've visited the schools, their websites, etc... but there is nothing like first hand feedback. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
PS-- Forgive me for being "the mom", but she's not home at the moment & I just found this site! I was reading the archives & figured I'd ask now & show her when she get home
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=299075©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,227 Views
- Apr 30, '08 by tiediedHey, I'm currently a student at NYU college of nursing. I also got into Georgetown and Michigan among other good schools, but eventually chose New York because, well, it's NEW YORK! The study abroad program is amazing. BC has a pretty slum nursing program, I would not suggest that she go there. I absolutely love NYU and the opportunities are incredible. It's costly, of course, but I've found that it's worth it. Some of the professors are not as good as others, but I go on ratemyprofessors before signing up for classes to choose the best rated professors for each class. The city atmosphere is really cool (I'm from DC originally). I would strongly suggest NYU. But of course I'm biased because I go here
- Apr 30, '08 by momofnursetobeThanks! Well, how about that-- we're from NY! I guess that's one of the reasons why she leaned away from NYU and towards Georgetown-- the college of choice. I just hope she enjoys DC as much as you are enjoying NYU!
- May 5, '08 by WayneStateKatieFor the what it's worth department
I attended Georgetown University (not the school of nursing but the college of business) for one whole semester. I left because I did not like the school AT ALL. My roommate was in the nursing program and finished it and said she liked the program but she and I had drastically different life perspectives and personalities. On the other hand, my sister graduated from Georgetown with top honors and loved the school, people, and DC.
I grew up in Ann Arbor and am very familiar with U of M but chose not to attend due to the fact it's in my hometown and I wanted to move away and experience things.
I will say that the towns are very different as well as the student bodies. I'm a little bit more of a hippie and tend to not care about fashion, money, or who's who. For that reason I prefer the town and students at University of Michigan.
Congratulations to your daughter on her acceptance to so many fine institutions, and hopefully she'll love wherever she ends up. If not-- she can always transfer-- that's what I did ( a few times) and couldn't be happier now
- May 11, '09 by UofMRNBSNI attend the University of Michigan for my BSN and graduated in May 08'. I also did some international volunteer work while I was there and was pretty involved at the school of nursing. If your daughter has questions let me know. I would be happy to answer. Thanks!
- May 11, '09 by girl.w/useless.b.a.Quote from MetaphoricalComaWhy do you say that? I'm contemplating applying there, but if there are problems with their program, I'd love to know what they are.BC has a pretty slum nursing program, I would not suggest that she go there.
What degree are you getting at NYU? BSN or MSN?
- Jun 29, '11 by nurstudent12Can someone please tell me how NYU's transfer nursing program is? What is your schedule like? Not the accelerated track, just the college trasfer track. thank you!
- Jun 29, '11 by leenakI think UVA is a GREAT school, why wouldn't she consider that? I've also heard a lot of positive things about Villanova.
I live in the DC area and there are a lot of good nursing schools here but Georgetown seems to be the most expensive at $40k/year for tuition alone. Unless she is getting an awesome scholarship package from Georgetown, I'd say forget it. I love DC but Georgetown is not the school I'd pick.Last edit by leenak on Jun 29, '11