Georgetown ABSN Fall 2012 - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 9, '12 by bsntobeYes, they said that we would find out around the last week of April (wk of the 23rd) after the last info session. The WHC notifications would be soon after that.
- Apr 10, '12 by runnovaYep, I was at that first info session and round of interviews too. From what I understood we should be notified about the Gtown and WHC decisions that last week of April. Fingers crossed! I thought the interview was pretty generic and brief. Granted, it was the last part of the day and we were running about 45 minutes behind schedule when they started. I'm curious as to how much weight the interview holds in our overall evaluation...... nothing to do now but wait!
- Apr 10, '12 by ala87Hi Everyone,
I'll be attending the Georgetown and WHC visit days this weekend!
For those of you who have already gone - what was the dress attire like? For the info session at Georgetown was it more dress casual and the WHC interview more suit attire as if interviewing for a job?
- Apr 10, '12 by runnovaAt the info session there were both ends of the spectrum and a wide range in between - anything from jeans and a nice shirt to a full business suit. Lots of dresses or skirt suits (maybe because of the nice weather and there were only 4 or 5 men there). I'd say most people were on the dressier side of business casual. At the WHC interviews everyone was dressed professionally as if interviewing for a job - mostly suits.
- Apr 11, '12 by ala87Thanks runnova!
- Apr 23, '12 by haleyshereeHas anyone heard anything yet about admissions decision?
- Apr 23, '12 by runnovaNope, I have not.
- Apr 24, '12 by career switcherHow were the interviews?
I walked away feeling really down about mine. I've read past boards and thought I was going to get questions based from my essay. Instead I only got two very generic questions! I panicked.
- Apr 24, '12 by runnovaI also didn't feel my interview was outstanding. I was asked four generic questions, none based on my essay (although I saw it printed out and sitting in front of my interviewer). And, we were each interviewed by only one WHC person of the four that were there that day. I can't (and honestly don't want to) think the interview holds significant weight in the decision making process. We did a group round robin before the interviews where the four WHC staff members/program leaders were taking notes on each of us, so perhaps that combined with the interview will help guide the decision making process. I don't know, I've been turning this over in my brain so much since my interview back in March. It's over and done with now. I just want to know!
- Apr 24, '12 by career switcherOh my gosh. This makes me feel so much better! I, too am hoping the one-on-one interview isn't weighed heavily in the decision making process. Although, I didn't even see my essay anywhere near my interviewer.
I guess I'll just keep obsessively checking my email.