Can u sit for NCLEX after grad. from U of Phoenix LVN to BSNRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Can u sit for NCLEX after grad. from U of Phoenix LVN to BSN in Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... UOP informed me u can't sit for ur NCEX after graduating from their LVN to BSN program!! What the...by MayBoo Nov 27, '12UOP informed me u can't sit for ur NCEX after graduating from their LVN to BSN program!! What the heck!!! Why would someone go through it? Does anyone have any info on this? I need an online LVN to RN program. I'm from California, the only other option in University of Indiana. Thanks in advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=799528©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,462 Views
- Nov 27, '12 by eliselu2Did they give you a specific reason why you can't sit for the NCLEX-RN? I did the program here in CO and had no issues. I had to wait for my transcripts to get my ATT; finished Sept.....took the NCLEX in Oct. Did you check w/ the BON to find out if there's a conflict w/ the program in CA?
- Nov 27, '12 by MayBooThanks for ur reply. I spoke to two different representatives from U of P an they both said u get a bacholars in nursing but no clinical. They both said that u cannot sit for NCLEX!!! I am so confused!
- Nov 27, '12 by BarleyUnfortunately I don't know the answer to your question, but in thinking about my own negative experiences with the bureaucracies of UofP, I would encourage you to get something in writing, directly from UoP about something as important as whether you'd be able to take the NCLEX-RN after making such a huge investment.
- Nov 27, '12 by JustBeachyNurseIt's likely that UoP is not approved by the board of registered nursing in CA (especially if there is not a clinical component), if the school is not approved by CA BRN you are not eligible to sit for the NCLEX.
- Nov 30, '12 by MeriwhenCA's BRN is cracking down on online schools, and they will not allow you to test if the program doesn't mean the BRN's educational requirement. Because UofP, Excelsior, Indiana, etc. fly in other states doesn't mean it'll fly in. In addition, depending on the program, you may not even be able to endorse in either.
To find a LVN-BSN program that the CA BRN would be OK with, the best source for your answer is the CA BRN. According to the CA BRN website, the only online LVN-BSN they approve of is the one at Sonoma State University (SSU). However, you could also just go into an associates/bachelors program as a regular student.