Rn to BSNRegister Today!
- by mizj Jul 17, '12Anyone out there well over 50 going back for BSN?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=758761©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 688 Views
- Jul 19, '12 by FirmlyAnchoredQuote from mizjI am not a nurse yet but I am in a BSN program. I'll be 52 when I graduate!Anyone out there well over 50 going back for BSN?
I would have graduated this September but my ex-husband had leukemia and I took care of him until he died last Oct.. It was a wonderful "until death do us part" kind of thing for me. I had to step back from school, help myself and kids readjust to life without him.
I landed a coveted paid internship in oncology this summer at our local hospital and love it. Some of my classmates are my oldest daughters age I've become great friends with many of them. Any who, my take is- 50 is not old go for it you'll never regret it. I've even had one of my mentor's tell me to go to med school, imagine that!
- Jul 19, '12 by mizjThanks for the reply. I'm sorry for your lost. Congrads on your internship. I'm also an Hem/Onc nurse, trying to decide should I press onward.
- Jul 19, '12 by FirmlyAnchoredI'm not sure if you are chemo certified or not, just another option to go for... Your hospital will probably pay for you to pursue a BSN, so why not?
- Jul 20, '12 by mizjYes, I'm ONC certified.