Oncology competencies frameworkRegister Today!
- by mmatlab Feb 10, '09Hello all,
I have finished these competencies that are specific to oncology nurse please if you have any addition or comment it will be very informative.
they are the following::spin:
Management of Chemotherapy Spills
Prevention & Management of Chemotherapy Extravasations
Safe Administration of Chemotherapy & Disposal of Contaminated Materials
Accessing & Flushing of Port A Cath
Mouth Care for patient with Oral Mucositis
Nursing Care of Patient receiving I-131 therapy
Care of the Central Venous Catheter
LANTIS software module (for radiation oncology nurses)
Alaris Infusion Pump(for adminster of chemotherapy)
And if you need any of these competencies just contact me
thank you and my warmest regards
Oncology clinical Educator
- Feb 10, '09 by vdoming931memon24,
Would love to review your competencies...
- Feb 12, '09 by ChrisFWe are currently undergoing an update of competencies and practices. Would love to see yours.
- Feb 12, '09 by jazzydayMe Three!!!
We are just really getting our clinic to tip-top shape/order and are still in need of some things.
- Jan 30, '10 by canaankrazyHellow memon24
I have just became the nursing educator for my medical oncology unit and I was looking for some help. Could you please e-mail a copy of your compentencies on Management of chemo spills, Prevention & Management of Chemo Extravasations, Safe Administratoin, accessing & flushing ports.
- May 15, '10 by mgraham1I am working on oncology competencies for my nurses. How can I get a copy of the ones you have developed. I would greatly appreciate it.
- May 19, '10 by mgraham1How can I contact you to get a copy of the competencies?