1+1 program at OSU-OKC
- 0Jun 21, '08 by NICUpleaseHey guys. I got into OSU-OKC's 1+1 program. Any insights or info about the program. I have two choices for the first year... Metro Tech or Moore Norman Tech. Its Moore Norman Tech's first year doing the 1+1.
- 4,410 Visits
- 0Jul 30, '11 by jewls67Hey Katy89,
Yes, I went through the program. I loved it! I went to francis tuttle and then took my lpn boards and went straight into the third semester of nursing school at Okcc. It is an excellent program, especially your first year of nursing school. The LPN program part you will really enjoy because it is mon-friday with theory class,lab class, and to study alone for two hours if you would like. They make it fun too so that you enjoy your time there.
If I could give any advice to you I would say get a saunders nclex RN book and start doing some nclex questions every night. Just do like 10 or so. And whatever subject that you are on in the LPN class and RN class I would stick with the nclex catergory questions related to what you are studying You are going to do great! Keep me posted on how everything is going too. Let me know if I can help in any way too
Oh, almost forgot where are you going for your 1+1?
- 0Jul 30, '11 by katy89That makes me feel a lot better. Im a little bumbed that I didn't get into the regular RN program but this sounds like it might be a better deal. I went and got a book from the store called Exam Cram, should I take it back and get the one you suggested? Thanks much for the help
- 0Jul 30, '11 by jewls67Hey Katy89, I heard lots of people say that they wished they had done the 1+1 instead of the traditional RN program The reason being is because the LPN school will give you a major amount of information to help you suceed RN school. Also, LPN school gives you more round of clinicals, which will help you out in the long run! It helped me and a bunch of my classmates out that have now passed the RN Which we all graduated this year in May.
On the book, yes I heard many good things about Exam Cram. I would stick with that one. For the saunders, they have that book in the library at the LPN schools. If you can, just take the CD out of the book and download it on your computer so you can do some practice nclex questions on your own time.
I hope this helps! Best wishes and good luck! I heard great things about Metro Tech and Moore Norman Tech
- 0Jul 31, '11 by jewls67Hey Katy89,
Thanks! Now I am headed towards taking the Nclex RN, well I will have to take it again, but I pray that I pass it the second time ))
Yes, I was able to work 2 days a week. I worked for a temporary agency giving flu shots. They paid pretty good too. You can work two days a week, but I wouldn't recommend any more than that Are you going to Okcc after your LPN school?
- 0Aug 1, '11 by katy89Good luck on your test! Youll do great!
What sort of agency was it. I don't have any connections or ideas of places that are willing to hire for the weekend. I am a CNA but I can't deal with nursing homes... Tried that. Do you already have a rn job lined up? Yeah I'm going to OCCC for my rn, is that where you went?