Statistics online at OhioRegister Today!
- by boyfactory Jan 18, '12Has anyone taken this before? I have honestly never felt this stupid before. I have looked ahead and that made things worse. After the first week, I asked the TA if the instructor curves and was told no. Well, I know the assignments are not curved...are the exams? I hope so...or I may not make the 80 I need to pass.
- 2,362 Views
- Jan 22, '12 by MSDHIs it an 80 that is required for passing statistics? I thought we needed an 80 in the nursing courses and a C or better in the support courses? How is stats going? I am trying to get into it for the second 5 week course. I absolutely need it so I can stay on track with my nursing courses and graduate this summer, but I dont want it to be a headache of a class. Also, do you have to take the exams somewhere where they can be proctored? please share your experience with this course....
- Jan 23, '12 by boyfactoryFirst, I love math. However, the first two weeks were not math related. That is where I had some issues. Now that it is all math, formulas, etc., it has gotten much easier. You are absolutely required to have your midterm and final proctored. I do not live in Ohio, so I had to find a location and pay someone to proctor my exam at the testing center of the local JC. I am taking stats right now with NRSE 330 and NRSE 335. I'll tell you in a couple of weeks how it worked out taking 3 classes, working, and taking care of the family stuff.
More information on the proctoring qualifications can be found here https://blackboard.ohio.edu/webapps/...696_1%26url%3D
- Feb 5, '12 by MSDHSo...... inquiring minds want to know.... How did you make out with 3 classes in 5weeks? Im signed up for Stats, Nursing Research and gerontology.
- Feb 7, '12 by boyfactoryI had a 93 going in to the Statistics final, so I am not sure how that will finish. The other 2 grades were both A's though. The statistics grade will be my own fault though. I did not realize the modules were up early (like before start date) and did not look until Tuesday of the first week, when an assignment was due. I spent the first 3 assignments catching up and I think most people were already done. You will do fine, I thought it would be worse.
- Feb 15, '12 by MSDHSooooo...... I'm in Stats WITH 2 nursing courses... This is serious stuff man! Kudos to you. lol. Just a WHOLE LOT of busy work. So, question>>>>>> For Stats, should I use the 10 module assignments and pdf course notes to study for the midterm and final?
- Feb 16, '12 by boyfactoryI made a notecard with all of the formulas for the mid term and final. I had a notebook where I did all of my practice problems and homework. For the tests, I brought the notecard, my notebook, all of the module notes given to us, and a calculator. It was all I needed. The tests were not as bad as they could have been.