Nutrition Fall 3 SessionRegister Today!
- by tinkerbell24 Nov 7, '12Is anyone taking this course? I cannot make sense of the format being used. It is difficult to figure out what the assignments are for each week, such as, what chapters are to be read. Does anyone have suggestions for this class? This first week about has me. I am not asking for any help completing the assignments just clarification as to what is due each week. If you have already taken this course, any helpful suggestions would be awesome. Thank you..
- 3,148 Views
- Nov 8, '12 by BeautifulyouI too find this to be confusing. I am not even sure what is expected for the discussion boards. Are we supposed to reply to other students? Seems there are bits and pieces of information all over the place! ugh!
- Nov 8, '12 by tinkerbell24What I have determined so far is that you read two chapters per week. This is stated in the syllabus. The prompt for the discussion board is listed under the discussion board tab. You have to introduce yourself also on another discussion board. In the syllabus, it states that it is highly encouraged to respond to other posts. An email sent today from the facilatator states that you need to make one citation to support any facts used in the discussion board posts. A website can be used as a reference. The study guide is at the end of each chapter with an answer key in appendix G at the end of the book. I could not find one spot that states everything with links to it in one place. It jumps around the whole course. I am confused too. I hope the facilatator can help with clarification. It is evident that many are confused by reading the students helping students section. This is located at the bottom of the discussion board page. I hope this helps others. I have not attempted the diet analysis section on CengageBrain yet. From what I have viewed on CengageBrain, the other section is basically our textbook online. If you have any helpful suggestions it would be appreciated. Hopefully someone that has taken this course will join in our blog. Thank you for writing.
- Nov 10, '12 by BeautifulyouThank you tinkerbell24, your post was very helpful. Unless I am missing something, I feel this class is a lot less time consuming than the nursing classes. I am enjoying my free time!
- Nov 11, '12 by tinkerbell24Hi, I forgot to add the study guide that we are suppose to complete is at the end of the book. The answer key follows each chapter test. It states on the syllabus we are to complete the study guide but it does not have to be turned in. It is less time consuming as the nursing classes. I also feel less stressed now. I have not started the diet analysis yet. There are two extra credit items we can do. One is the test for the syllabus and my plate. The syllabus test is due on Monday. Both are located under the assignment tabs. The TA emailed me and said I could call her so I am going to tomorrow to make sure I am on track. Thank you for responding to my original post. I felt alone on the island.
- Nov 11, '12 by michelemybellI am in this too. The information is all over the place!! I just started the diet analysis for today. If this is all we have to do for the assignment then it's not bad at all. I can certainly remember what I ate! My fear is the exam...I hate them more than anything. It's alot of work if you do every bit of research and practice exercises that they suggest....I just can't. You could spend all day in Cengage just for 1 chapter. Glad I'm not alone I am also taking the 2 credit music class...a bit more time consuming than expected. When the changed things for the semester there was some sort of screw up all around.
- Nov 11, '12 by BeautifulyouMichelemybell, I tried to PM you but your box is full.:-)
- Nov 11, '12 by cincinursemaryQuote from michelemybellFrom reading the posts from a different thread, the advice was to skip the cengage and memorize the stuff in the back of book. Look for the other nutrition thread, it has some good info from what I can remember. ( assuming of course that they haven't completely changed everything).I am in this too. The information is all over the place!! I just started the diet analysis for today. If this is all we have to do for the assignment then it's not bad at all. I can certainly remember what I ate! My fear is the exam...I hate them more than anything. It's alot of work if you do every bit of research and practice exercises that they suggest....I just can't. You could spend all day in Cengage just for 1 chapter. Glad I'm not alone I am also taking the 2 credit music class...a bit more time consuming than expected. When the changed things for the semester there was some sort of screw up all around.
- Nov 14, '12 by KimberphotoThe #1 exam is coming up next week. Make note though that on the syllabus the chapters are 1 through 5 (yes, it includes chapter 5 also). If you follow the syllabus and only review 2 chapters per week you may miss that chapter 5 is included on the exam. FYI
Best advice that I can offer is to memorize definitions (especially Ch 2) and then complete the study guides in the back of the book). From what I have heard this is the best route for the class.