Here we go! On my way to my BSN!Register Today!
- by RNMom2010 Sep 9, '12I had anticipated starting right away this fall, but due to some circumstances I did not, and did not think I was going to be able to. But I just got signed up for 2 classes and am going to make this work. I am taking NRSE 4510 Professional Nursing Practice in Oct then
NRSE 4520 Health Assessment & Promotion in Nov. Anyone taking these classes, or have taken them in the past? I went through my DARS and I have 12 classes total to obtain my BSN. I am pretty excited. I am sure I will be here for some support like everyone else. (Excuse my mess of a paragraph I am attempting to type around my toddler!)
- 1,952 Views
- Sep 9, '12 by cincinursemaryGood luck to you. I'm still a novice, just takingmy 4th class. I'm glad you are not doubling up with 4510 though... it will be a big time consumer.
Get a head start on learning the APA formatting, every nursing class has to be done in APA, even discussion boards.
Here is a good place to get started : Purdue OWL: APA Formatting and Style Guide
You will be really busy, there is a LOT of reading and papers in 4510, but it is doable. You can get great support here on the is board.
- Sep 9, '12 by RNMom2010Oh heck no! No doubling of classes for me! I am just going to take my time and work through it 1 at a time. Thank you for the info and link. I am nervous, but have only been out of school for about 3 years so should be able to jump back in. Scared of the APA formatting for sure.
- Sep 9, '12 by evieincoWelcome! I'll be takinghealth assessment in Nov. as well. I started last spring, working on my third class. I do one at a time as well. Works best for me.
- Sep 23, '12 by iwantmoreI am just starting the final week of 4510. I had no idea what to expect going in, but can honestly say I have learned a lot. Some weeks had more weeks than others, but overall, it was not difficult to get all of the assignments done.
Be assured, you will get through it, and have time to spare...