Starting Lorain County Community College RN - Fall 2012 - page 10
by ladylysis 12,689 Views | 103 Comments
Anyone else out there starting LCCC's RN program this fall? My orientation is May 7th, and I'm starting to get a little nervous!... Read More
- 0Aug 6, '12 by snickers21I just bought the supply bag today $99.95. I haven't opened it yet to see what it includes though.
I got the Littman Classic II S.E. stethoscope, although you can find them much cheaper than what the bookstore offers them for.
I am waiting to hear from a professor on her opinion on Nursing Central since the bookstore talked me out of buying it today. I'm thinking they were wrong from her initial response though. *sigh*
- 0Aug 7, '12 by ScottE,RNQuote from wantccuNo problem.Thanks Scott!
RetailMeNot: Coupon Codes, Coupons, Promo Codes, Free Shipping and Discounts for Thousands of Stores
is pretty good for finding coupon codes.
Just type whatever you are looking for into the search box.
- 0Aug 8, '12 by jennylouwhoThe supply bag is like $80 and the most worthless piece of junk. Unfortunately, you need it, mainly for the needles that you'll have to use to give your shots, and the IV kit that you'll use in 128. The rest of it, I barely touched, parts were crap and they gave us new kits (like for our cath kit). The bag is a piece of crap too. Yeah, I wish they'd just sell the needles and the IV kit, that would make it much cheaper for all of us!
They have all sorts of stethoscopes in the bookstore. I bought one and had a rough time using it, someone recommended the double hose, rather than the single and so I bought another. Now I can use either one, but initially, the double really worked for me. It's nice having two - I leave one in the car and one in my clinical bag. I end up pulling the one in the car out for lab days (for 114 especially) or if I accidentally remove it from my clinical bag (which has happened). I've learned to keep lots of extras in the car that you might need. That came with being a mom though, lol. Extra shirt, extra socks, etc.
- 0Sep 8, '12 by wantccuWell - 2 weeks in, how's it going so far? So far, so good for me... I'm a bit nervous not knowing what to expect on exams and checkoffs, but I think once I get past the first ones I'll be okay! (tips from those who've been here welcome!!!) Has anyone done their BP check off yet? How easy is it to hear and feel on the SIM?
- 0Dec 19, '12 by jennylouwhoIt's great here! I'm starting my final semester next.
As for 128/129, stay focused! It was definitely tougher for me to juggle the two, than it was 114/115. I had the semester where our 128 instructor was removed half way through, which probably made things more difficult. The nice thing is it's only 8 weeks of a double class.