Loan Repayment... does this exist anymore??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Loan Repayment... does this exist anymore?? in Ohio Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... When I first decided to go to nursing school (3-4 yrs ago) everyone told me oh your employer will...by NurseHopefulInOH Feb 17, '10When I first decided to go to nursing school (3-4 yrs ago) everyone told me oh your employer will pay back your loans or pay for your school. I actually knew a couple of RN's that had their tuitions paid in full for signing a contract to work somewhere X amount of yrs. Does this even happen anymore? I am a LPN and do not expect to be hired at a hospital as an LPN but I am going straight to get my RN and was wondering if I will be stuck with massive loans to pay off once I finish. What about IN or KY? Anything that would offer any assistance at all? Thanks so much!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=457116©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 999 Views
- Feb 18, '10 by starmickey03I know that there are hospital diploma based RN programs that still do this. But I dont think that many colleges and universities do it anymore
- Feb 18, '10 by foreverLaurBoth Cleveland Clinic and UH will help you pay for school in exchange for a 2 year commitment - I think they give you $5,000 for every 1 year of commitment up to a $10,000 maximum.
Both hospitals will also help you pay for school if you already work there and want to continue your education. OhioHealth does this as well.
- Feb 24, '10 by NurseHopefulInOHthis is stupid but what is UH?
- Feb 24, '10 by foreverLaurQuote from NurseHopefulInOHUniversity Hospitalsthis is stupid but what is UH?
- Feb 24, '10 by sedmaidenHere's some information about loan repayment. I just received an updated email regarding the deadline for the application. Check out the website. http://www.hrsa.gov/loanscholarships/repayment/nursing/
I hope this can help someone! There is information regarding requirements and links for the application as well.
- Mar 1, '10 by NurseHopefulInOHthanks