Cleveland Clinic hiring process/timelineRegister Today!
- by campercass Feb 22Hi everyone,
Yesterday I applied for the new grad RN residency at Cleveland Clinic, and took the online assessment. I got an email today asking me to schedule a phone interview. I am a new grad, living in Florida. What happens after the phone interview? If I do well, do I at some point have to fly to Ohio for an in person interview? Or being out of state, will they hire with only phone interviews?
Also, what is the usual timeline from application to offer to start?
Thanks for any info!
- Feb 23 by MDG0407Have you graduated already and obtained your Ohio license? I heard they don't hire unless you have your license. If that's not true, then I'll be glad I don't have to wait until June to apply (I graduate in May).
- Feb 23 by campercassI graduated in December, passed nclex in January. I have my Florida license so I would have to endorse to Ohio. I'm hoping the start date would be far enough out that I can get it done on time. I don't know how long it takes, but they know I only have FL license right now. I was born and raised in Ohio though, most of my family is still there, and put that in the app. I don't know if they took that into consideration.
Who knows, maybe the interview email goes out automatically based on the assessment results.
- Feb 24 by newgradnurse1215Hello, I am interviewing with the CC as well. I completed a phone interview where they asked me to rank my top floors. After this I got a phone call from HR to schedule an in person interview on a specific unit. Hope this helps and good luck!
- Feb 24 by RNinCLETo MDG0407 - No, they will no longer hire before you pass your nclex. I have friends that were hired as PCNAs right around graduation, with the intent of remaining on those units as RNs once they passed. You may look into that option if you are trying to get into the Clinic specifically.
- Feb 25 by MDG0407Thanks for the info! I'm looking to wait it out until June to apply when I have my license!
- Feb 27 by HeartNursing3I had a phone interview for the new grad program and interviewed for the MICU the next week. HR called me on the drive home and offered me the job. It all moved really quick!!! You cannot apply without a license though.
- Feb 27 by HeartNursing3Also, keep in mind that CC has a physician led model. Nurses are treated as a number and I don't know any that like working there. Everyone does it for a few years to boost their resume with the name and move on.
- Feb 27 by RNinCLEWell, I think you can find similar feelings about just about any hospital system. It's all in who you ask, and where they work within the system.
I've worked for CCF for over 3 years, and have no plans to leave. I've never felt I'm only a number. Maybe I'm fortunate to be on the unit I am. I'm sure it's not the same everywhere, but I know plenty of RNs who are happy to be here.
- Feb 28 by MDG0407RNinCLE, do you mind sharing if the pay is competitive? Particularly new grad starting pay? I'm seriously considering employment at this organization.