The Circumcision Discussion - Page 107Register Today!
- Mar 29, '09 by brilloheadQuote from lamazeteacherIn my case, I had never been exposed at all. (My doc even checked my titers, assuming that I would have been exposed at some point in my then-37 years on this planet, and he was shocked that it came back negative.) My brother had them before I joined the family, and they never went through my school, presumably because almost everyone else had already had them when their elder siblings brought them home (are germs the ONLY things that sibs share readily? )Some children who attended the parties didn't get chicken pox, due to resistence they had against it at the time.
I was amazed to find out that CP parties still exist in this day and age... an "acquaintance" of mine (can't bring myself to call her a friend) intentionally infected her daughter a couple years ago... and then expected pity when she had to miss a week of work to stay home with her sick child.Last edit by sirI on Apr 2, '09
- Mar 29, '09 by ~Mi Vida Loca~RNI am now, after being informed anti circ, I am NOT anti vaccine and am now very informed on that as well. I wouldn't do all vaccines but I am for 98% of them I would say. COMPARING CIRCUMCISIONS AND VACCINES IS APPLES AND ORANGES IMO OOps sorry about the caps I am to lazy to retype it all.
- Quote from PlaneFlyerRNWell dear, i believe that circumcision is genital mutilation (because it is) maybe we should prevent you from doing that to your son... nope, you have the right to mutilate your son in this country... just as i, an rn with 24 years acute care experience, have the right not to poison my children with unnecessary MASS immunizations...hep b for newborns etc...please...Yeah........let's just roll over and let everyone do as they wish.
How do you think Florence Nightingale would have viewed this scenario? Hmmmm...... Live and let live?
I think not. She would have had a MAJOR COW about letting folks think that because they don't want to vaccinate their children that they should be allowed to continue to think that they live in a vacuum and have no effect upon other people.
- Apr 1, '09 by źNurseQuote from deege58Well dear, i believe that circumcision is genital mutilation (because it is) maybe we should prevent you from doing that to your son... nope, you have the right to mutilate your son in this country... just as i, an rn with 24 years acute care experience, have the right not to poison my children with unnecessary MASS immunizations...hep b for newborns etc...please...
LOL!! My son's circ won't give your daughter measles.
- do a bit more research please before you make that statement, circs are a protection and a sexual enhancement, most women just need to feel better about what they did to their babyboys...no undoing that...but this was about immunizations..
And it is about our right to choose...
- Apr 1, '09 by dianabayI am neither anti nor pro circ. But I am anti- uninformed.
From the moment I found out I was having a boy- the 14th week (I had CVS) I researched and debated. Delivery day came and I still had not made a decision.....
The deciding factors were:
NOT ONE doctor I spoke with would/could assure me that my son would not feel pain.
I did not know what my son would want. I hear it is painful if done later- but we will never know if it is more painful than it is for an infant. My poor husband was in much worse shape after his vasectomy than I was after childbirth and an episiotomy get my drift...
To this day, I still wonder if I made the right choice. But I can live with the wrong reversible decision much more so than wrong irreversible one.
Not sure if this will help any "on-the-fencers" on the issue....but I thought I'd share.
- Apr 2, '09 by Valerie SalvaAs for circs-
I have have had a number of LTC pts who've had problems due to not being circumcised. A good number of them have had to be circumcised as adults to correct these problems.