Plausible situation or not? Have you ever seen thisRegister Today!
- by eden Oct 25, '12I frequent a few different message boards and on one, a woman says she gave birth to twins. Her story just seems made up to me.
She says she had several u/s during the pregnancy and never knew it was twins- this I have seen before so that is not what I find suspicious.
What I find suspicious is that she said one twin weighed 11 lbs, the other 3 lbs. These were not identical twins, they were fraternal boy/girl so it's not like this was a case of tts.
I've been in obstetrical nursing for many years and seen some odd things but never this big a weight discrepancy with full term twins so what do you think/know have you seen this before or do you think this is being made up?
- Oct 25, '12 by kloneMaybe she had a didelphic uterus.
- Oct 25, '12 by ElvishI was thinking maybe some uterine anomaly as well. It sounds out there to me as well but we have all seen things that no one would believe if we told them.
- Oct 25, '12 by edenWell there was no mention of that in her story but that could be a possible explanation.
- Oct 25, '12 by mortei can't remember the exact name....but fetal "steal" syndrome, where one is getting all the nutrition and the other is stunted. But I wonder if they were actually conceived at the same time, it is not unknown for a woman to carry two fetuses, that are conceived at different times.....did they specify that the small one was really full term?
Looked it up, placental steal syndrome....
- Oct 25, '12 by kloneMorte, how does that differ from TTTS?
- Nov 16, '12 by MamaMadgeIf she was having serial ultrasounds for multiple gestation, and the provider was aware of such a big discrepancy in size, they should have induced her before the discrepancy became that dramatic. Sounds a little fishy to me too!