I got the labor and delivery job!!! - Page 2Register Today!
- May 12, '11 by GenistaCongrats & best wishes!!! :-)
- May 12, '11 by cas5anovacongratz!
- May 12, '11 by PediLove2147
- May 13, '11 by RNlovesherPharmDThanks everyone, I'm so so SO thrilled!!!!
Quote from NurzeladyI work Med/Surg/Tele and have been since I graduated in December. We are moving out of state so I have been applying like crazy, and luckily my ONE phone call from a private hospital happened to be from labor and delivery (I assume because I did my capstone there). Otherwise, I'd have had to transfer with the VA--while I like it, it's just not what I plan on doing in the long run.(I eventually would like to be a nurse midwife, or stay in L and D but also do lactation consulting etc)Congrats! how long did u work in med surg before u got this job?
- May 16, '11 by nitenurse1Congratulations on your new position! I have also recently transfered to L&D from MS. I'm almost finished orientation. It is my dream position too. My advise to you is take an advanced fetal monitoring course. PM me if you need suggestions. I took a 2 day course last week and the information is invaluable. The experience you received on MS will go a long way. Enjoy!
- May 16, '11 by melmarie23congrats!