Work as Nurse in UK from Italy

  1. Good mornig, i wonder if in this forum there are italian nurses that have moved in the UK looking for work, because my prospectives in Italy are really sad, and i can't stand anymore the narrow-minded ideas that i find in my country, so i hope if there is some kind person that can answer to me of how he has moved for working (i've been gratuadet on november the 13th this year here in Italy) from the "Bel Paese" to the United Kingdom, thank you!
    (Sorry for my bad english, i still have to work a lot on it)
  2. Visit Stena profile page

    About Stena

    Joined: Dec '12; Posts: 4


  3. by   Silverdragon102
    Starting point would be meeting NMC requirements. Then you will have to find a job and expect you will need to improve English as interviews will be done and if your English language isn't good you will have problems getting employed. Also be aware many NHS Trusts are struggling with nurses among those being laid off so many nurses looking for work
  4. by   Stena
    Thank you, i'm seeing for the IELTS which is required for working in anglophones countries, you are or you maybe know italians nurse working in england?
  5. by   Silverdragon102
    I haven't worked in the UK since 2008 when I moved to Canada

    This may be of interest for you when registering in the UK with the NMC

    Evidence of qualifications Italy | Nursing and Midwifery Council
  6. by   Stena
    Thank you so much, that's very kind of you
  7. by   parkindb
    Hi Stena, I know this is an old post from you but I thought I would reply anyway, just in case it's still something you are considering. I have a good friend who is a nurse and came over from Milan to work as a nurse in the UK earlier this year. There are a number of UK based companies who help nurses from Italy to come to the UK and find them jobs in the NHS or nursing homes etc. Filippo used a company called Ealoor who apparently were very good - their website is Ealoor Consultancy UK Ltd :: Study in UK, Overseas Education Consultant & Study Abroad Consultant perhaps try them. I hope this may be of some help to you.