In my leadership class we have been asked to write a paper about a change that has occurred in the hospital setting and discuss how we as the students would have gone about implementing that change, what we would have done differently from what actually took place, etc. Although it's not really being incoporated into the paper, we have to interview a nurse who had been working for at least 5 years as part of the assignment. Anyone that is willing to help a future nurse and be interviewed would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. Thank you so much for your time. Listed below are the questions:
- Tell me about some changes that have happened in your work situation in the last five years.
- How did people react when these changes occurred?
- How did the staff find out about the changes? What were the rumors?
- Why do you think these changes happened? What reasons were given?
- Did this change what you do in your role? Did it change things for other people?
- Did you have opportunity to participate in how the changes were carried out?
- Were/are these good changes for you personally? For most nurses? For patients? Were/are they good for the hospital?
- What are you doing differently because of the changes? Are you feeling better or worse about things as time goes on?
- What have you learned about coping with change over the last five years?
Once again, thanks!!