1. What is your clinical area of practice? Hospice Nurse on a 6 bed Patient Care Unit
2. What is your personal philosophy of nursing? Be God's Hands, Eyes, Voice and Ears
3. How do you utilize info. learned in nursing school in order to take care of patients(such as assesment, planning, interventions, and evaluation of care delivered)? Everything I learned in Nursing School I had to forget as soon as I started training...lol. Assessment skills learned in nursing school are crucial to day-to-day nursing and everything starts with that.
4. How do you collaborate and communicate with other health professionals?
On a day to day basis, we all bounce questions and info off each other continually.
5. How do you deal with frustrations and stressors on the job?
Pray, pray, pray
6. How do you mentor other aspiring professionals?
Encourage them and take time to listen and answer their questions.
7. How do you recognize your own limits and ask help as needed?
If it's something I'm not familiar with I ask for help, if it's something like not getting an IV site I ask for help after 2-3 tries.
8. How do you demonstrate a commitment to nursing as a career?
I read journals, keep up to date with CEU's, look for ways to advance and have continued going to school part-time to work on furthering my education.
9. How do you demonstrate healthy coping behavior?
by remaining calm in situations with family members, by venting to the appropriate coworkers who reciprocate when needing an outlet for stress
10. How do you participate lifelong learning (i.e. attend seminars, continuing education programs, membership in professional organizations, educational programs, subscribe to journals, use websites for nursing practice)?
subscribe to journals, use websites, attend seminars, and continue to attend college
Hopes this helps!