Actually it is.....OP. What care plan book do you use? I use Ackley: Nursing Diagnosis Handbook
, 9th Edition and Gulanick: Nursing Care Plans
, 7th Edition
Passage of loose, unformed stools
Abdominal pain; at least three loose liquid stools per day; cramping; hyperactive bowel sounds; urgency
Related Factors (r/t)
Psychological: Anxiety; high stress levels
Situational: Adverse effects of medications; alcohol abuse; contaminants; travel; laxative abuse; radiation; toxins; tube feedings
Physiological: Infectious processes; inflammation; irritation; malabsorption; protozoal, gastrointestinal disorders
I would think of skin integrity. I would think of controlling pain with a short term goal of pain relief. What are ways to control the diarrhea?
- Defecate formed, soft stool every day to every third day
- Maintain a rectal area free of irritation
- State relief from cramping and less or no diarrhea
- Explain cause of diarrhea and rationale for treatment
- Maintain good skin turgor and weight at usual level
But what are THIS particular patients needs? What are their complaints?