Anatomy/Phys QuestionRegister Today!
- by barrettdrka Nov 16, '12I know this may seem simple enough, but my brain is becoming fried with Micro and Anatomy.
What factors can directly increase thermogenesis?
What factors can directly decrease thermogenesis?
Any help would be appreciated!!
- 827 Views
- Nov 16, '12 by Esme12Welcome to AN! The largest online nursing community!
We are happy to help with homework but we will not do it for you. What do you think and we will go from there.
- Nov 16, '12 by barrettdrkaI don't want to sound like an idiot, but this is what I can recall/think of from lecture and reading. (This is a final exam self-review that I am working on)
increase in basal metabolism, muscle activity (shivering, exercise, etc), an increase in thyroxine and epi levels and an increase in temperature
decrease in basal metabolism, physical inactivity, radiation, conduction, convection, evaporation, decrease in temperature, decrease in thyroxine and epi levels
- Nov 17, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNSounds like you have a very thorough list. What do you think you're missing?
- Nov 17, '12 by barrettdrkaI honestly have no clue, I just feel like I am.
I am normally not this paranoid, but this professor is a real piece of work.