Please critique my résumé
- 0Jan 30, '13 by Blood&GutsBringItOn[Name, address, phone, email]
Student Nurse – Graduating in May 2013 and seeking a competitive perioperative nursing internship
- Hardworking, cooperative and inquisitive
- Personable, attention to detail, seeks creative problem-solving
- Excellent public speaking skills, very comfortable gathering history from patients and educating families
- Remains calm under pressure and stress
Education / Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, May 2013; GPA 3.22/4.0
******* College of Nursing, *********, NJ
CPR; BLS Certification by the American Heart Association
National Student Nurses Association, NJ Chapter
- University Hospital, **********, NJ 2012 - present
- Clinical Care Tech: provide direct care to 9-12 adult patients on a 31-bed medical cardiology floor, within a large 600-bed hospital. Duties include phlebotomy, removing IV lines and Foley catheters, glucose monitoring, personal hygienic care, lifting 25-50 lb equipment, telemetry monitoring, and emptying drainage bags.
- ******** Medical & Surgical Center, Millsboro, DE 2008 - 2011
- Administrative Assistant / Sterile Processor: provided *direct and indirect adult patient care in a small surgical center with 4 ORs and 12 exam rooms. Assisted with preparation of sterile field, faxed & filed medical records, scheduled patient appointments; assisted M.D.s and N.P.s with minor medical procedures, sterilized surgical instruments and scopes using autoclave, disposed of biomedical waste.
- S****** A*******, M.D. General Surgeon 2006 - 2010
- Shadowed 8-10 hours weekly. Observed: endoscopies, colonoscopies, and general surgeries including Port-a-cath insertions/removals, vasectomies, skin cancer removal, knee replacements, subcutaneous abscess from MRSA. Colposcopies and hysterectomies.
- *C***** H*****, D.O. Trauma Surgeon 2008 - 2010
- *Shadowed 4-5 hours weekly. Observed: breast biopsies, skin cancer removals, in-office suture removal, perineal abscesses, lower leg amputation.
Medical Surgical, Pediatrics, Maternity, Psychiatric, Geriatrics, Community Health,
and Leadership & Management.
- Head to toe, systemic, focused, and neurological assessments; obtained vital signs; assessed IV site/line, PICC lines, CVP lines, patients under conscious and unconscious sedation, trauma wounds, trachiostomy, NG tubes, G tubes, chest tubes, and ostomies.
- Educated patients and their families on medical and surgical procedures, disease processes, and pain management techniques. Anticipated patient’s needs upon transfer to PACU.
- Independently performed aseptic technique and provided care with an emphasis on surgical wound care.
- Administered PO, IM, SubQ, and intradermal medications.
- Delegated and prioritized tasks with team of RNs, LPNs, PTs, and students.
- Assisted general surgeons in evaluating outcomes of surgical procedures.
- 889 Visits