Nursing student resumeRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nursing student resume in Nursing Resume Help, part of Nursing Career Advice ... Hello all, I am a current nursing student and trying to apply for patient care tech positions and...by CP2013 Sep 16, '12Hello all,
I am a current nursing student and trying to apply for patient care tech positions and wondering what I can do to strengthen my resume in the interim until I graduate from school and then I will tweak as necessary to create my new grad/RN resume.
Any constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated!
My Name Here
PROFILE: A nursing student who is interested in finding a position to make use of her skills as well as provide her with life experience. Professional, reliable, trustworthy, meticulous, and motivated. Able to work on own initiative or as part of a team and can deal with multi-tasking duties competently.
- High School, state, High School Diploma, 2xxx
- College A, state, Associate of Arts degree, 2xxx
- State College, state, program name, graduation 2xxx
- University, state, program name, graduation 2xxx
- Subjects studied: Spanish, Psychology, Human Development, World Religions, & Anatomy.
Patient Access Representative, hospital, August 2009 – June 2010
- Promptly registering patients for the Emergency Room to ensure efficient transition to begin patient care and treatment
- Obtaining upfront collection payments towards patient accounts
- Verification of patient demographic information to ensure accurate and timely billing
Patient Care Technician/Unit Clerk, hospital, Jan. 2009 – April 2010
- Assistance with personal hygiene, activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, etc)
- Assisting nurses with patient care, obtaining accurate vital signs for accurate medication doses
- Entering physician orders promptly and accurately, answering phones, answering patient call lights
- Employed as float pool technician and cross-trained as unit clerk on ED, ICU, and Med-Surg units
- Microsoft Windows XP, Microsoft Office XP (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Able to type approximately 45wpm.
Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS) and 12 Lead Interpretation course, course director of the program
Discuss a conceptual approach to lead placement for the standard 12 lead ECG; Name the classic, indicative ECG signs of ischemia, injury and infarction; Differentiate between STEMI and NSTEMI, ACS; Discuss the specific leads which relate to inferior, anterior, lateral and posterior AMI; Perform and interpret a 12 lead ECG
Emergency Department Nursing, University
An overview of Emergency Department Nursing. Topics include scopes of practice, laws, economics, nursing care and management of emergent physiologic conditions in the emergency department settingLast edit by Joe V on Sep 17, '12 : Reason: spacing
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=785835©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,965 Views
- Sep 17, '12 by CP2013So...no advice, huh?
- Oct 27, '12 by IHeartNursing321I think it looks great! (:
- Oct 27, '12 by CP2013Quote from IHeartNursing321Thanks. I tweaked it a bit and added a cover letter. Also added all my clinical rotations as they say to do for students.I think it looks great! (:
I have gotten 2 call backs with my tweaking so I guess I did something right.