Hello All! I am new to this site and new to resume writing as well. As it stands my resume is pretty rough. I'm currently working as a server so my nursing experience consists solely of that which I gained from nursing clinicals. This is what my resume looks like so far, but after wading through tons of resume examples online I'm honestly not really sure what it should look like anymore! So...I used A resume building program which threw the formatting off but, here is is: Heather Kroeck, LPN
xxxx Oak Trail Dr.
Saint Louis, MO xxxxx
Cellular (xxx)xxx-xxxx [email protected] Personal Statement:
Licensed practical nurse committed to providing the highest quality care in a respectful manner which both preserves the individuality and maintains the dignity of each patient cared for. Education:
Certificate in Practical Nursing 2011
Jefferson College, Hillsboro, Missouri.
Dean's List: Spring 2009, Fall 2010
General Transfer Studies Fall 2011 - Present
Saint Louis Community College, Kirkwood, Missouri.
Dean's List: Spring 2012
Licenses and Certifications:
· Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). Licensed in the state of
Missouri. License Number: xxxxxxxxxxx
· Certificate in Practical Nursing - Jefferson College, 2011
· IV certification, 2011
· CPR/AED certification - American Red Cross, 2010 to 2012 Undergraduate Clinical Training
· Geriatrics: Delmar Gardens South
· Med-Surg, Orthopedics: Saint Anthony's Medical Center
· Med-Surg, Telemetry: Des Peres Hospital
· Med-Surg, General Surgical: Saint Anthony's Medical Center
· OB: Mineral Area Hospital Relevant Experience
Server/Hostess, Feb 2009 - Present
Texas Roadhouse, Arnold, Missouri
· Utilizes strong communication and customer service skills.
· Maintains a positive attitude and friendly demeaner in stressful situations.
· Exercises attentiveness to the needs of the customer.
· Interacts positively with a wide range of people from diverse ages and cultures
· Functions cooperatively as a team member, working with other team members
and leaders towards a common goal.
· Able to organize, prioritize, and multi-task efficiently.
· As a hostess, provided training to other employees.
Barista/Team Leader, 2007 - 2009
Cafe' Breve', Imperial, Missouri
· Prioritized a broad range of responsibilities.
· Demonstrated skills as a leader, delegator, and communicator.
· Handled customer relations, determined customer needs, and built a solid
· Handled money, counted and balanced the cash drawer, and desposited money
into the safe nightly.
· Monitored and reported off inventory to night management.
· Trained other employees on all facets of operation and job performance.
· Commended for strong work ethic.
All advice/constructive criticism welcome! I feel like its lacking, I'm just not sure what it needs (besides the obvious work experience that I don't have). Should I cut out some of my work experience? I was told to pick out what could be relevant to both fields and work with that but it doesn't seem to be working very well. Thanks in advance for your help!