Desperate New Grad RN :( can someone take a look at my resume and CV please? - page 2
by r.yusi 7,442 Views | 15 Comments
Hello Everyone! First and foremost, I would like to say thank you in advance to those who took the time to read this and reply with some feedback! Any criticism is helpful and I and I am very thankful to hear other people's... Read More
- 0May 17, '12 by r.yusiHEADRNBSN40
- That is so unfortunate! I am sorry that this has happened to you, and I hope you get that job! I cannot believe how this job search is not about well qualified individuals anymore and how it is about people you know!! It is so AGGREVATING! I told my friend about an opening at a local hospital! I APPLIED BUT she MISSED the deadline to apply online! MY friend knew someone and that someone gave my friends resume to the charge nurse…and BOOM! She got a job!! I know I was more qualified than she was and I was just overwhelmed about how that all came to be! Anyway…It really is sad…I try to network and I have friends who say they can help me out…but it seems like It never goes through! Maybe I should just be more persistent?
- 0May 18, '12 by runna909r.yusi,
Cool, glad you're applying to all kinds of places too!
About moving to CA (Fresno): I just decided to do it...my boyfriend of about 4.5 yrs just got a federal job there that he's thrilled about, and I decided I'd move too, since I have my mind set on moving away from my hometown, at least for a few years.
The job market sounds really scary though...I have some money saved up, but wouldn't want to blow it just waiting on finding a job. I do have some reservations about going.
About your resume, I don't think I want to put me email address on here, otherwise I would read it for sure! I think it's fun to compare writing and get feedback from others on it.
- 1May 21, '12 by PhillSaavedraMs. Yusi
I hear CA is tough, but keep your head up I know you can do it. EVERYONE you know who is close to you has complete faith in your abilities... ESPECIALLY YOUR BOYFRIEND
Babe I love you, and I'm here for you dont be too discouraged, You're going to be an AMAZING RN.
I cant wait to start our little family.
Till then Rachel, I'll be right at your side loving every bit of the way.
Your Hunny Bunny
- 0Aug 8, '12 by RrrrnDo not move to CA, stay in your job market!!! Not to be negative, but best thing you can do is stay at least 6months to get experience and get rid of that SNI title ...you will get interviews and likely a job if you do that. The market is rough here, very rough. Stay, and get your 6 months experience, you will be glad you did.