Has anyone been to Barnes Jewish Goldfarb?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Has anyone been to Barnes Jewish Goldfarb? in Nursing Online Distance Learning, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... Hi everyone! I'm about to graduate from high school in May and I'm looking into Barnes Jewish for...by daisy_angel Jan 3Hi everyone! I'm about to graduate from high school in May and I'm looking into Barnes Jewish for nursing school. I live in Colorado but most of my family lives in the St. Louis area and I eventually want to end up back home. I've looked at many, many schools around here and I'm not in love with any of them. I've already been accepted to SLU, but that is a little over my price range. Barnes Jewish looks like a great option and I plan on doing my pre-requisites here at Arapahoe Community College if anyone has heard of that The only problem is I haven't had a chance to go and tour any of the schools back in St. Louis... Has anyone been a student at Barnes Jewish or even SLU? I would love to know a little more about the program and life as a student there! Thanks!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=805806©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 790 Views
- Jan 13 by meghan x3I am going to start the upper division program in the upcoming fall at Barnes, so I don't have any personal insight yet other than the school tour I took was Ah-mazing and the advisor I have been talking with was very helpful. I do know a few people who have gone there though, & they say that it is the hardest thing you will ever go through in your life.. like cry every night hard.. but they also said that they got the best education available in their opinion & would recommend it 100%. good luck!
- Jan 13 by lthai1@meghan, do you start fall 2013?
I start in may! And I am so nervous! I hear its really hard , especially maintaining a 78% or higher,.thats crazy
- Jan 18 by Gypsy10313Hi,
I graduated from GSON Dec 2012. I thought it was a great education and I was as ready as I could every be for my first job. I highly recommend. Good luck!
- Jan 18 by daisy_angelThanks everyone! Do any of you know about what it's like to live there? Do they have dorms/apartments or anything? I'm just worried since I'm coming from out of state I won't know ANYONE! haha
But I'm so excited for all of you and good luck!
- Jan 20 by Gypsy10313GSON has no housing. I highly recommend you take a trip to investigate apartments. Do lots of internet research first to decide what you need and then visit. Looking and smelling will tell you everything you need to know. There are areas of STL that you will need to stay out of for safety reasons. Don't let that stop you. STL is like any big city, good and bad all mixed together. You have to be aware and can never let your guard down. The plus side is STL is a super fun city to live in!
I also moved from out of state. It took me about 6 weeks to settle in.
- Feb 1 by StressedstudentmomI'm in the accelerated program now, and if you are looking for the "college" experience then Goldfarb is not for you. There will be no parties during the term unless it's to celebrate end of the term, etc. It's a pretty intense school, the grading scale is ridiculous. Your typical B is a C here... 78 and below is an F. You must have a 78% on just your test avgs. then any additional points will be added in then, if your test percentage is not at the 78% then all the extra work you put in will not count and you will fail the class. Usually maintaining a 78% is an easy accomplishment...but not here... since a 70% is now an F. Personally I don't recommend the school, if I were you I would look at UMSL or even the community colleges for nursing. Goldfarb is more concerned with the reputation that they have a 100% NCLEX pass rate. They weed out anyone that is a B-C student. If you are a GREAT student then you are golden... but if you need a little extra help they will leave you in the dust with the grading scale. I wish I would have had someone tell me this before I started. Good Luck to you!