Holiday Schedule - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 7, '09 by nurseindelcoHow do part-time and pool nurses fit in? I have worked e/o w/e for over 6 years? My place of employment asked for 3 choices of a winter holiday. This past year my w/ends have included and I have worked both Easter and 4th of July. My choices in order were Thanksgiving, New Years and Christmas. I was given Christmas, other nurses that have worked there less than a year received Thanksgiving and New Years. How would you have handled this situation?
- Nov 12, '09 by classicdameregarding rotations - how do you handle holidays other than Christian? Do those nurses take Christmas off when they really wanted Hanuka or another day?
- Nov 14, '09 by nurseindelcoThe problem we seem to be having this year is that we have so many part-time nurses. Most of them are saying they have to work Christmas or New Years at their other place of work and can not work it at our place. I understand that I have to work Christmas, but someone better be checking to see that these nurses are truly working at their other part-time position. Starting next year they are going to start the policy that part-time people are given an A or B schedule for holidays, but it is too late for this holiday season.
- Nov 18, '09 by slevyLove the idea of rotating holidays. Works with eves and nocs doing the eve of the holiday and the holiday BUT what do you do with 12 day shifts? Any thoughts??? Thanks
- Feb 5, '10 by brimamaI put up the sign up sheet for the holiday 2 months in advance. If you worked it last year you can be off this year, If you want to split a shift that if fine.
- Feb 12, '10 by OncallRNmost places I've worked put up the sign-up for holidays just after the new year, this let people sign up for what they want and then the scheduler make sure it all works
- Mar 18, '10 by bethster29I am desperate need of the specifics of the holiday scheduling. Is there any way you can email me? thanks, Beth