Rx's for new pt's @ snfRegister Today!
- by RNzInN Jan 18See if anyone has any suggestions. I work at a SNF and a new admission arrived from another facility to ours. He has oxycodone and morphine orders, but guess what! No scripts. The attending MD for this patient won't write the RX's and the prior MD won't call the facility! Any ideas? This patient should not go without pain meds b/c the doc's can't get it together! How do I make them realize this is not right without sounding like like a jerk!?
- Jan 18 by ohiostudent'RNMy acute care hosp. Does not send scripts to snf's so yeah I get how it can get problematic
- Jan 19 by kgoode0919Discuss the issue with your DON at your next meeting and see if they have any ideas.
- Jan 22 by NurseKatie08At my old job in a SNF, hospitals d/c'ing pts with narc orders were encouraged to send scripts...most of the time this happened with no problem. Your DON should be able to get to the bottom of this.
- Jan 22 by liveyourlife747We fax all d/c orders with copies of scrips to SNF prior to a pt being d/c'd. If the SNF sees something where they need a script, they call yhe hospital and usually the attending MD will write the script before d/c