I will tell you some things that worked for me:
- Browse career websites, like the career section of this one, for potential interview questions
, and contemplate some potential responses. Even if none of the questions you expect are asked, you are entering the interview feeling prepared, which is a good feeling.
- Attempt this frame of mind: this is going to be a pleasant conversation among intelligent adults with mutual interests, and I have a lot to offer, or I would not be offered an interview.
- Dress conservatively with neutral colors.
- Ask the interviewer(s) questions, whether it’s about the organizational culture, supervisory styles, training/educational opportunities, opportunities for advancement, or whatever concerns you.
- If you are really interested in the job, say so at the conclusion of the interview; don’t leave them guessing.