Nursing Informatics CEU'sRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Nursing Informatics CEU's in Nursing Informatics, part of Nursing Specialties ... I would like to become certified in Nursing Informatics, however, I need CEU's in the field. I...by nursembeth Feb 25, '06I would like to become certified in Nursing Informatics, however, I need CEU's in the field. I would like to go to a conference, but that is not really feasible at this time since I just started a new job. Does anyone know of any free or low cost CEU opportunities online?
Thanks in Advance!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=145315©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,734 Views
- Feb 25, '06 by rninformaticsCIN - Computers, Informatics and Nursing provides CEUs with its articles.
Have you joined your local Nursing Informatics organization? Many provide educational meeting content along with CEUs.
You might also look at taking online/distance education course(s) related to Nursing, Clinical and or Healthcare Informatics. The academic credits can be applied to the certification exam. Also look into attending a WINI- Weekend Immersion in Nursing Informatics which usually includes CEUs.
- Feb 25, '06 by nursembethThank you for the information. I have taken distance education courses before, so this could be an option. I recently joined the ANIA. Are there others you would recommend?
- Mar 4, '06 by MariahAlso the summer institute in nursing informatics at the University of Maryland provides a webcast with a significant amount of potential CEUs in July. You can watch the recorded web programs at a time convenient to you. You can find it at http://nursing.umaryland.edu/informatics/index.htm
- Jul 10, '06 by nur$eyI need to get 30 CEU's to renew my license in Kansas I want to do this with one subject all online. nur$ey
- Jul 11, '06 by rninformaticsHi Nursey,
Check out Nursing World the website of the American Nurses Assoication.
CEU's offered are NOT limited to the specialty of Nursing Informatics.
Also check out Advance for Nurses and CIN.
Quote from nur$eyI need to get 30 CEU's to renew my license in Kansas I want to do this with one subject all online. nur$ey