St. Luke's Global City Training 2012. - page 2
by IamAnurse. | 141,452 Views | 747 Comments
I was just wondering if any one has received a response from SLMC GC about the schedule of PGNT1 for batch 2? I already have submitted my requirements and I have paid the initial training fee just recently but I haven't received... Read More
- 0May 28, '12 by nursejeh2009Quote from cheezy_curlsCan you give us any idea about PGNT of QC and GC? What was it all about? Is there a big possibility of being hired after the training? What's the difference between NSET and PGNT? Tnx for helping us! God bless.Hi, the requirements for the position of staff nurse are just same with the PGNT, here it is, SLMC QC: 1. Resume + 2pcs 2x2 pic (white background) 2. GWA (from school) 3. Class Rankings (from school) 4. Board Rating 5. PRC License 6. TOR 7. Diploma 8. Board certficate 9. Birth certificate • Clear long plastic envelope *Place it or drop it at the pigeon box annex II 5th floor near the stairs (I heard from my PGNT batch mate that there will be another batch this June but I don't know if it's true, you can call the HR to confirm) --------------------------------------------- and for the SLMC - Global city Resume & Board Rating ONLY *submit it to the guard at the employees entrance and that's it. --------------------------------------------- BTW our batch have just started last Wed (May 23). So try to apply as early as possible, who knows if there will be hiring anytime soon. ) Good luck and God bless!
- 0May 29, '12 by cheezy_curlsQuote from nursejeh2009Can you give us any idea about PGNT of QC and GC? What was it all about? Is there a big possibility of being hired after the training? What's the difference between NSET and PGNT? Tnx for helping us! God bless.
I think PGNT replaced the NSET, and the last batch under the NSET program are just finishing their clinical phase and hopefully after that they will be deployed to different GNU (General Nursing Unit). NSET is for pre-employment which is FREE, while the PGNT is the paid training WITHOUT the guarantee of being hired after the program, it will still be based on the trainee's performance in order to be absorbed, so basically they'll hire you if you can prove to them that you are deserving (by means of passing the 3phases/stages). The HR also informed us that there is no other process to become a staff nurse in SLMC-Global city except for undergoing PGNT. I just don't know if the QC branch has still the NSET.
Let me repeat, if I'm not mistaken, PGNT replaced the NSET which means that there will be NO succeeding NSET batch in the future.
- 0May 29, '12 by nursejeh2009Tnx for enlightening us. I wasn't able to attend the orientation at SLMC QC regarding their PGNT. Big Help! Tnx cheezy curls.. Have you already started your training at Global City? How was it? Will you be rotated in the different units of SLMC during the entire training period or just in one area? Tnx.
- 1Jun 25, '12 by desperateRNHey guys, anyone who has an idea on when will the next PGNT start? Is SLMC-GC strict with work/training/volunteer experince? What if my previous job/s is/are not related to nursing, do I stand the chance of getting accepted for the training? After i submit my resume & board rating how long does it usually take to be notified about the next step? How does the entire application process go and what is the usual time frame? How much does the training cost (and what's included in that fee, e.g. uniforms? materials? etc.) and will there be a possibility of absorption afterwards? I'm so sorry if I have a lot of questions, it's just that I'm very eager/excited to go back to nursing... I already submitted my resume & board rating at SLMC-GC. Now I'll just have to wait for further instructions... Hoping for the best, desperateRN
- 0Jun 28, '12 by cheezy_curlsThey are not strict with that, meaning they "still" accept those who do not have ( and I guess I'm very lucky to be included here even if I don't have any experience related to nursing), but of course it will be an edge over others. They will text the applicants once they have the vacancy, so it's a case to case basis. ) But they are strict when it comes to board rating and GWA.
Phase 1 - 3,000 (didactic phase)
Phase 2 - 3,500 (didactic phase)
Phase 3 - 3,500 (clinical phase)
*the materials that will be used on the return demonstration will be free, you don't have to bring anything except for the stethoscope.
*the possibility of being absorbed will be based on your performance and exams.
I hope that I was able to answer your queries. Good luck and God bless!!!
- 0Jun 29, '12 by desperateRNWow, thanks a lot cheezy curls!!! if I may ask, what's their preference with regards to the board rating and GWA? (what is their minimum requirement).. i hope you'll keep us posted regarding the progress of your training and if you get any sort of news regarding the next batch/schedule of the PGNT.. thanks a lot!!! God Bless... (btw, do you have a different uniform/scrub suit during PGNT or do you guys already wear the signature 'different shades of blue' scrubs of SLMC nurses with the red "RN" badge???)
- 1Jun 29, '12 by cheezy_curlsTheir minimum requirement for the GWA is 2.00 or it's equivalent and for the board rating it should be at least 80. ) I also overheard that slmc global will open a batch 4 for the PGNT (we are batch 3) but I'm really not sure if it's true because again that was just an overheard conversation. Just try to submit once in a while so that you may have a higher chance to be screened. (like a raffle LOL) Given that most of the applicants are qualified (just to remind others, there are sooo many qualified applicants), so the more resume you pass, the more chances of being screened. I hope it helps.
Our phase 3 will start on July 23 ( which is our first day to wear uniforms ), uhm they allowed us to decide for the design but for the color we need to follow the different shades of blue. Uhm guys if you have questions or anything, feel free to ask okay? I'll try my best to answer any of those.
- 1Jun 30, '12 by desperateRNThank you soooo much cheezy_curls! You've been a great help. Thank God both my GWA and Board Rating are meeting the requirement. Anyway, got some more questions for you, i hope you won't mind. How many are you in your batch? Is it really okay to submit resume and board rating certificate more than once? Like, let's say, once a month? hehe.. How many times did you submit yours before and how long did it take for you to receive an SMS/call invite from SLMC after you've submitted your resume? And what do you guys wear during Phases 1 & 2 of the PGNT? Please just keep us posted with any news about PGNT batch 4 if you get any.. Thanks!!!!