PGH feedback (continued) - page 2
by mikeru22 21,120 Views | 146 Comments
Hi, I took the initiative to start another thread about PGH since the first thread closed. My dear colleagues please keep posting your inquiries, updates and what not about PGH in this thread. Thanks! :speechless:... Read More
- 0Oct 31, '12 by NurseM015OMG. I just passed the june 2012 board exam, no work experience yet. does that mean i am not qualified anymore? But i read in another site that to qualify for APCN one can be a recent graduate of bsn OR had working experience. anyways as to what my aunt told me the latest, it is indeed on nov 5. will tell/update you asap sir if i got any news.
- 0Nov 1, '12 by mikeru22Quote from NurseM015Hey do not confuse APCN with the staff nurse screening. APCN doesn't require applicants to have hospital work experience. The staff nurse screening doesn't require it either but it's one of the things that will be considered for ranking the applicants based on the letter I was given when I passed the panel interview.OMG. I just passed the june 2012 board exam, no work experience yet. does that mean i am not qualified anymore? But i read in another site that to qualify for APCN one can be a recent graduate of bsn OR had working experience. anyways as to what my aunt told me the latest, it is indeed on nov 5. will tell/update you asap sir if i got any news.
- 0Nov 3, '12 by mikeru22Link to the old PGH feedback thread:
- 0Nov 4, '12 by mikeru22Just the PRC license. I went there today... I was number 16 lols. I came in too early while ironically I was thinking I wouldn't make it because it was already 6am when I got there.
They were conducting the orientation for the newly hired staff nurses at the DNET office when we were allowed to come in. Oh how envy them. Hehe. Oh well I will make that scene in my mind as my motivation to persevere more and have more patience waiting for the right time. #almosttherebutnotquite
- 0Nov 5, '12 by mikeru22Quote from nurses_care_2012Awww too bad. There were not so many applicants yesterday so Im not sure if they still have available Dean's form. Try calling PGH and asked to be transferred to DNET to ask.is it only this day that they will give Dean's Form? Haven't read the thread for a long time so i wasn't updated.
As far as I know, these are the steps for APCN.
1. Getting a Dean's form.
2. Submitting the requirements and getting the exam schedule.
3. Interview? (oh I'm not really sure if APCN applicants still undergo interviews).