REQUIREMENTS FOR COMMISSION-SHIP IN THE NURSE CORPS
1. Must be a natural born Filipino citizen
2. Must have a pleasing personality and good moral character
3. Registered nurse with a Board rating of 80% or above. Below 80% may be admitted, but should pass a qualifying examination to be conducted by the Office of the Chief Nurse, AFP
4. Male and female applicants must be single or never been married. For female applicants, must not be positively found to have given birth to a living stillborn child.
5. Not more than 32 years old at the time of commission
6. Must satisfy the following height requirements:
Female - at least 5' 2"
Male - at least 5' 4"
7. Must be physically and mentally and physically fit for military service and cleared by the appropriate security agencies.
1. First priority shall be given to Enlisted Personnel who are registered nurses by profession with at least three (3) years of active military service and have successfully completed the Clinical Nursing Program
for EP Nurses being conducted by the Office of The Chief Nurse, AFP
2. Second priority shall be given to other applicants who have satisfied the additional following additional requirements:
a.) With at least three (3) years of current and continuous professional experience in hospital/clinic settings and or as member of a faculty of a recognized School of Nursing.
b.) Preferably with Master in Nursing or at least nine (9) units of post graduate studies leading to Master in Nursing.